Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggestions on improving SRS
In my opinion, there must be a deterrent to being involved in incidents. In real life racing, getting involved in incidents slows you down and causes the need for repairs. In sim racing, if you remove the linkage between incidents and the loss of 3 championship points, then the only deterrent to being involved in incidents is the Protest and that will only apply to a very small percentage of incidents. I suspect what would happen would be a move to more aggressive driving because who cares if you have an incident rate of 5 if there is no incentive to have a lower rate. When you look at the drivers who are rated in the 800's and 700's, the incident rate is predominantly below 2. That tells a lot about the kind of driving they have done (and prefer) during their SRS career.

I maintain that there must be some form of deterrent to incident rates that average higher than a standard. In the past, in the public servers, there was a system know as Minorating which assessed contacts and ability to race close etc and graded drivers with letter grades. Then servers were restricted to A drivers or AB and so on. That worked well for race quality BUT, the numbers dropped. It's quite a conundrum to find a system that works to control driving quality while keeping the numbers up and not being overly complex. Personally, I control the quality of my experience by being selective about what races I do and who I race with. Fortunately, SRS provides enough variety in race quantity, timing and combos, one can always find good, clean racing.

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions on improving SRS - by Maurice Klerken - 03-14-2021, 12:45 PM
RE: Suggestions on improving SRS - by Don Debienne - 03-15-2021, 04:18 PM