Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggestions on improving SRS
I may be wrong, but incident rating is already lowering your "hidden rating", placing a player with 600 points behind players with half their points but a better incident average. This - it depends on the number of racers joining the event - would put the "bad" racers on lower servers.

The contact system is probably the only possible (automated) system, even if (I've seen it myself in wednesday race) being more "sensitive" than automated ACC collision detector: on first lap, a car spun and I barely brushed it avoiding it. No warning from the game (and it's usually quite "punitive"), two incident points from SRS.

People who doesn't care, as you pointed out, is likely going to collect reports and get banned, ruining a number of races before the actual ban, though. As you know, I'm really unexperienced on sim racing and its communities and I only joined a few races here for now. I too noticed a increase in dangerous drivers recently (by watching the streams, especially) on races with less players: that's where the "hidden rating" (again: I may be wrong on it) doesn't work.

There's a lot of racers here, but not enough for some sort of "reformation server" where players with low experience / high incident average could race to (possibly) lower that score and gain access again to the main server.

If you competitive racers (the ones who actually try to win races and championships) say the penalty system is harsh, then I can only trust you.

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions on improving SRS - by Maurice Klerken - 03-14-2021, 12:45 PM
RE: Suggestions on improving SRS - by Andrea Piovanelli - 03-14-2021, 08:37 PM