Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggestions on improving SRS
SRS has provided a platform for sim racers that is a step away from the usual public servers where there has been a reputation of sketchy competitiveness and quality of driving....not in all cases but, in general. As SRS has increased its membership due to its popularity and quality, there has been a trend towards more incidents in races. I recall racing many times during my daytime hours (evening in Europe) and having smaller numbers, great competition and clean racing. It was very, very rare to see races where the total incident count on server 1 went past 50. I don't race the dailies any longer due to the tendency towards generally higher incident counts which change the nature of racing from clean and tight to bump and run racing. Some drivers like that aggressive style whereas some don't. So I choose to stay away from those races. There are still plenty of people joining and racing so, for SRS, it is not likely to be an issue worth addressing with additional controls.
Regardless, I would like to suggest consideration of a concept to curb the tendency to make higher incident rates a new normal. Suggest that there be an incident rate standard set which would require each driver to attain a certain level of incident rate at a specific stage of their SRS driving career. For example, incident rate <3 by race #100, and then maintain an incident rate <3 at each century mark after that. In that way, drivers could manage their driving and risk levels (even if someone hits you, there is often something you could have done differently to avoid the contact) to make sure they stay under the threshold by the next "100" race anniversary. If they fail to do so, perhaps prevented from racing server 1 until they get their rating back below the threshold. This may also drive a bit more incident reporting which is not a bad thing in an environment where contacts is becoming a new normal for some drivers.

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions on improving SRS - by Maurice Klerken - 03-14-2021, 12:45 PM
RE: Suggestions on improving SRS - by Don Debienne - 03-14-2021, 04:16 PM