Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggestions on improving SRS
Hi Maurice, I'm glad you shared your ideas and I'll explain my point of view about it. Surely a constructive discussion will emerge and we hope it will also bring some pleasant news.
The Point System
I agree with you on eliminating the 3-point penalty linked to accidents. Let me explain: it happened to me, as I think to others, that in T1 someone collided with me from behind making me turn and several cars ended up on me. The AC system does not precisely count the accidents, but the contacts. In this way, being a criterion that does not analyze the dynamics, it risks penalizing those who are perhaps fighting for a championship, as you have well said. The worst case is when the contact is due to a backmarker in the last laps (or as in my case, in the penultimate corner while I was fighting for the first place ... I lost 2 positions and accumulated several "contacts"). So I am perfectly okay with you, in delegating any penalties to the analysis of an administrator who analyzes the protests. In this way, as often happens to me, it is clarified via PM, no one suffers further penalties due to the accident and the event is less serious.

Incident Average
For your proposal I am a bit skeptical, but because it is based on the "contact" system I have already mentioned. Sure, an average of accidents over a sample of 20 races could be interesting, but I don't know if it is feasible or not to implement.

Real penalty tool
it is a system that I have used but I seem to remember that there is still the need for an administrator to check compliance with the penalties. Then I don't think it's suitable for a "register and compete" system like SRS but more for single events. I think that one of the strengths of SRS is precisely its simplicity, just install the plugin and you can already play, the app for skins is already optional and does not even require SOL, thus managing to be within everyone's reach.

These were my ideas about it, I hope they can be useful.

Dario
www.4funsimracing.com

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions on improving SRS - by Maurice Klerken - 03-14-2021, 12:45 PM
RE: Suggestions on improving SRS - by Dario Bucalo - 03-14-2021, 01:38 PM