Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defense and attack
That's very nice you took the time to write all of that, Marcin.
I'm not worried too much about incident points: a couple races ago I got 4 points from those, but they all were "shoulder vs shoulder" with another racer, with no safety risks at all (we were just a little too close). I know I'm usually self and tend to try and defend / keep the pace of slightly faster drivers behind me for some turns. When I see they're clearly faster than me, I try to find a safe place to let them pass, e.g. a slow turn I can take a wider line with no risks. It happens almost every race, as I tend to avoid pretty well the first turn carnage by approaching slightly slower than I could and coming up in front of at least a couple of very fast driver (that inevitably catch up in several laps).

On attacks: I'm practicing the line change, showing myself in the mirrors of the racer in front of me, sometimes with the intention of testing my stability as, at the moment, I don't really trust A) my late breaking and B) the opposite driver and I don't want to ruin their race, not even when my maneuver is (probably) legit. I never dive-bomb, but every now and then I make a mistake.

Defense: I'm loving how it is sometimes "effective" against a more skilled driver too; it's probably more effective against more skilled drivers, as they're more respectful (or they just see me sliding a little to keep the line and they just don't trust me enough to attack: but I like to think it's respect, can I?). I've got some good (from my point of view) battles with racers with enormous talent in the GT4 series, and it was just 3-4 turns where I felt I could be safe enough to defend (afterwards, honestly, I felt a bit sorry for slowing them down for half a lap... I hope I didn't look crazy).

Theoretically, I understand how that works, but I can't really complete attacking moves unless the other driver is clearly slower than me on the turn we're approaching: last race, I know (by watching the replay) I could gain two positions if only I were more aggressive, but my lack of experience prevented me taking advantage of their errors in the last turns of Silverstone.

And yes, I lose a lot of lap time just making moves for defense / attack and I see how it's best to let pass a faster driver.

Thank you for your time, I really appreciated and reading your reply is really helpful.

Have a nice day!

Messages In This Thread
Defense and attack - by Andrea Piovanelli - 02-14-2021, 03:35 PM
RE: Defense and attack - by Christopher Magan - 02-15-2021, 04:35 PM
RE: Defense and attack - by Marcin Dworog - 02-15-2021, 09:22 PM
RE: Defense and attack - by Andrea Piovanelli - 02-16-2021, 08:26 AM
RE: Defense and attack - by Marcin Dworog - 02-16-2021, 05:32 PM
RE: Defense and attack - by Tim Cullingworth - 02-16-2021, 05:42 PM
RE: Defense and attack - by Andrea Piovanelli - 02-16-2021, 08:08 PM
RE: Defense and attack - by Marcin Dworog - 02-16-2021, 11:04 PM
RE: Defense and attack - by Andrea Piovanelli - 02-17-2021, 08:28 AM