Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Oval series?
Hello!
I feel my English is bad, it is not very good but I will try to have a conversation.
I have a question, I received an email with all the new series, I thought I saw something from Nascar ... Is it true that there are races at Oval? If so, do you know if they will put it for AC? When?

Thank you btw  Heart
We did oval series for NR2003 and project cars 2.
There are no Oval series for AC, at least for now.
Good question and good to know thx.

I think the track offering is a bit lacking in AC if I'm not mistaken in terms of oval tracks. That and maybe there isn't as much interest in the community? Anyone else would be interested in oval racing? I'd love to try it. Isn't it time someone gave iracing a bit of competition on ovals?
I've been watching RaceDepartment for good oval tracks for AC. I think there are at least six candidates now. There are other problems, though, foremost among them being standing starts (which are terrible in almost every oval-tracker) and incident points (which would punish you from bump-drafting). Also there aren't any very good free cars for oval racing. The ARC Chevrette has been used here before but is a paid mod.
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
That's pretty cool to learn, didn't know they'd literally bump against cars so as to draft in NASCAR!
I would like to try an oval race!!!
I also would like to see some oval racing, even with regular cars for fun, but i agree with what was been said, bump-drafting would be a inc point nightmare on how outdated the collision points are done. Also we have no full course yellow flag and no rolling starts. Those are also useful and essential of good oval race (pacing yellow, helps make people clustered again for more racing to happen than just "who survive first accident" and allow better pit stop strategies).
Still it would be fun to test it in SRS to find if it is possible to make our own... with black jack and ho.....
I gonna say it straight, i'm playing Assetto Corsa on Game pad... on directional pad. I'm masochistic, nostalgic idiot that can't forget muscle memory from many Gran Turismo 1, 2 and 4 races. I'm driving in various skins i made.
Team D-Pad as:         #66,
Team LEGENDS as:     #66,
Panzer Apt. 767 as:     #13
(02-15-2021, 09:34 PM)Marcin Dworog Wrote:  I also would like to see some oval racing, even with regular cars for fun, but i agree with what was been said, bump-drafting would be a inc point nightmare on how outdated the collision points are done. Also we have no full course yellow flag and no rolling starts. Those are also useful and essential of good oval race (pacing yellow, helps make people clustered again for more racing to happen than just "who survive first accident" and allow better pit stop strategies).
Still it would be fun to test it in SRS to find if it is possible to make our own... with black jack and ho.....

Black jack and Holden Commodore, exactly!

Perhaps SRS can do a test with a "ratingless" oval series, in which incident points don't count for your "average incidents" stat (but they are visible in the race screen), just to see if it's doable without too many consequences. Is it possible, based on how the system works (question for the "race manager")?
I would also love to do oval races. Really enjoyed those in IRacing.
Race Sim Studio has a very high quality mod that could be used in racing in AC, just saying. I would love to have oval races here at SRS, as for the start problem, I think it would be kind of launched when the start of the second lap, then the drivers would be free to overtake ... just a dream.