Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Assetto Corsa Competizione championships starting February 3
Yay! Luvin' my GT4s!
Shame it's just the weekends though.
(01-30-2021, 08:35 PM)Sergio Mendez Wrote:  We all love changing conditions, but let's give SRS time. First of all, we need bigger grids Smile
Wouldnt utilizing what makes ACC unique make more ppl want to use it on SRS? otherwise its just a more limited AC that looks a bit different. :/
Hard to pinpoint what motivates people to choose one game over another. For myself, I'm tired of the pinball collision physics in AC, and I could use my Gamivo credit towards ACC. But there can be thousands of little aspects like that that people use to make their choices. Probably the two major influences are 1- A large user base, and 2- car/track selections that capture a player's interest.

But there's a lot to learn in ACC coming from AC, the differences aren't just superficial. I've been watching and reading instructions for hours, have put into practice only a slice of that info, and there's a bunch more new stuff to learn that I haven't started on yet. I can see the argument either way to attract people with ACC's 'novel' features, versus attracting people by flattening the learning curve.

The way it feels now, ACC user base will keep growing and eventually we'll have more than enough variety of races to chose from. But it's not clear the best way to bring that future forward faster.
I only can say after 1 year doing almost 90% of my driving time ACC that I love its depth. Each car, each track, each conditions... pitstops, pressures, strategies... easy to drive hard to master. It’s got annoying details yet, but for me is sometimes hard to come back to AC. I’ve done enduro races, single seat leagues in top communities -not top tier of course- and it’s challenging.
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A
I come back to AC only for some races in the community, I find ACC more rewarding, somehow.
Great to see this is happening (finally!), sadly no good time slots for me though. Hopefully it will be expanded in the future.
(01-30-2021, 08:35 PM)Sergio Mendez Wrote:  We all love changing conditions, but let's give SRS time. First of all, we need bigger grids Smile
I've seen this argument a lot and I don't really get it, we just did a full season of samey weather, doing it again isn't going to bring in more people. AC has massive variation in the types of cars and tracks we can use so it keeps it interesting even with the same weather, ACC is focused on two car classes and a select few tracks (done really well obviously) so racing in the same weather every time gets pretty old very quickly. If anything, variable weather should bring in more people because it's something we don't get in other sims on SRS. I personally have started looking elsewhere for racing in ACC because it feels like I'm missing out on a lot of what it has to offer. There are obviously some challenges with doing it but at least it's part of the game already.
I agree with you, but most of last season races had less than 8 cars. I doubt different weather conditions would bring here more drivers. Probably live streaming would do it in my opinion. I prefer different conditions cause It’s an advantage for experienced drivers in ACC, and it’s funnier, and different mandatory pitstops requriments to make the races more unpredictable than all cars loading all fuel and pitting for 1 liter. But I’ve seen a lot of messages here asking for ACC and in the grids there’re always the same names. I drive in some communities too, but I believe SRS’s penalty system is the best by far to avoid wreckers or very bad drivers, and my friends and I are giving it our support just racing in SRS all we can, because race conditions can be set easily by Henrique, but it’s not that easy to develope a rating system and a trustworthy report system. As I said, I agree with you, and we’ve got here in the community some ACC experienced drivers whose experience could help to improve racing conditions. Probably random weather or real weather could help us to enjoy it even more, but I don’t know if it will work to attract more new drivers here. Probably a live stream in YouTube showing the races like in AC would work better for that purpose. We were 25 yesterday, we had a big Spanish-language streamer racing. It was a very good race, hope we can have more of this, I don’t want to think it was a mirage
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A
In fact, we are using two different systems ( ACC and AMS2 ) that bring changing times and weather to the table.

I have both but find that unless the races provide something different to the AC races I won't join, as AC is so seamlessly integrated with SRS. The thing is that ACC rings more GT races, which we already have and one of the three AMS2 is GT racing.

My preference is the longer and more challenging races. So I race the hour long AC races and the historic cars.

Last season the only ACC series I took part in was the Asian, 1 hour races as they were changeable time and weather, though we missed out on the last race which was to be at night. The race that sticks in the mind was a race at Laguna Seca, starting in the early morning gloom, and having the sun rise during the race.
(02-06-2021, 10:24 AM)Tim Cullingworth Wrote:  In fact, we are using two different systems ( ACC and AMS2 ) that bring changing times and weather to the table.

I have both but find that unless the races provide something different to the AC races I won't join, as AC is so seamlessly integrated with SRS.  The thing is that ACC rings more GT races, which we already have and one of the three AMS2 is GT racing.

My preference is the longer and more challenging races.  So I race the hour long AC races and the historic cars.

Last season the only ACC series I took part in was the Asian, 1 hour races as they were changeable time and weather, though we missed out on the last race which was to be at night.  The race that sticks in the mind was a race at Laguna Seca, starting in the early morning gloom, and having the sun rise during the race.
I missed the breaking point at T6 (I believe...) every lap after the sun started to say "Nothing to see here!"