Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACC GT World Challenge
Good morning SRS!
Yesterday evening I joined the ACC race at Imola.
I wasn't sure if I could have the time and the skills (but the latter is a certain uncertainity for me) to race and I registered at the very last moment.
I found myself racing with people like AussieStig and Tumilty (and others I don't know, but very skilled racers) and I was thrilled and honored to be part of a race with "vips" like them.
During the first part of the race I joined fierce fights with a couple of them, the battle for P9 to P11 was great and looked very tight (I didn't expect to be good enough to slow them down, honestly). Then, the unexpected: my wheel is fixed to its support just with the built-in springs, I didn't use screws because I felt the need to move it away from time to time (I actually didn't, but I'm lazy, so...). Long story short, when racing so close to my limit and so focused, I happen to be quite "strong" and energic on the wheel. Not nervous, I like to think I'm clean-ish for a beginner, but strong. Strong enough to move the wheel and get it detached, causing an accident (I went out of the road and bumped the wall, no other cars involved luckily) which brought me to the pits: 4 long minutes of repairs and typical Italian swear words I can't report here, but the notorious passion and fantasy doesn't give to the world Ferraris and cool clothes only...
Anyway, I was really disappointed, not because the race was ruined but because I was having so much fun...
But "the night brings counsel" (is it a common motto outside Italy, too?), and I realized this half of an hour has been the most intense and fulfilling since months (home - office - sometimes groceries - home again and repeat: that's everyday's life during the pandemy...), and I wanted to post this to thank once again the community and all its players. My first sim racing has been last november, I expected it to be fun off course, but this was really something!
Thanks, and have a nice day everyone!
[quote pid='45577' dateline='1611820951']
Hi Andrea, I don't race in ACC myself but I do understand where you're coming from and I gotta say welcome to the community! Get yourself up to consistent speed and put some screws in your wheel, you'll have tons of fun and sweat to look up to! See you on track 
[/quote]
That's a pity Andrea. I was also in that race and was in a call with James Tumilty and Mr (Simon) Watton, who were both streaming that race on YouTube too. They were wondering what happened to you after the race and saying they were enjoying the battle with you until you disappeared. At least the first part was fun for you.
Reeeeaaaaally fun!
I would have probably lost the battle in the end, as I don't think I'm capable of mantaining the focus under pressure for all the hour-long race. But yes, it's been a pity.
I've watched Tumilty's stream and, when I lost the wheel, I cut all the road right to left just a hundred meters in front of him. Luckily, I had more then a second advantage at that time and I didn't risk to go through his car.