Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing myself
Wink 
Hi everyone
My name is Stefano, I live in Florence and I am a 57-year-old Italian “boy”. Smile
Always passionate about car racing, a Ferrari fan, as well as following them on television, since I was young my favorite games (there were no PCs ... we skipped school and went to the arcades) were racing videogames by car.
Then came the Atari, the Amigas and the first PCs with MS-DOS. Basically we are still in the Age of Dinosaurs of video games !! Big Grin
Years later, several years later, in which I dedicated myself to my family and raised three children, I gave myself GTR2.
But the real turning point came this year when I discovered that my daughter's boyfriend is a good level Simracer, and one day he let me try his driving position and Assetto Corsa.
Wow! A world has opened up to me!
Here if you allow me I would like to say a heartfelt thanks to the Kunos engineers who developed this driving simulator, allowing anyone to drive dream cars, or that we have once in a lifetime dreamed of driving! Heart
So I took a Thrusmaster T300 downloaded AC, and started practicing, testing the cars and tracks, and racing with AI, trying to improve my times.
Then some races online, but I immediately saw that something was missing ...
I found that something from you in the SRS community with this ranking system: fairness in sporty driving, the loyal spirit of clean sporting competition.
I've already done some races trying to be very careful. Always finished past 15th position, but that's okay!
When I understand that an opponent has more than me, I think it is stupid and useless to obstruct one's position at all costs with the risk of causing accidents.
I prefer to let him pass and try to keep up with him (when I can !!!) and see why he goes faster than me. See, for example, where he breaks off in an important braking session, how he approaches a curve or a chicane.
For someone new like me, the replay function of the race is very useful, to see your car and that of others, to try to understand where to improve in driving, and in car setup.
I know I have a lot to learn, really a lot !! Especially in setting up cars. But I'm excited!
I have a long way to go to grow, After all, as I said in the first sentence of this post, I'm just a "boy" ... happy to be still!
Thank you all. A warm greeting Smile

Benvenuto!
This is the place if you want to have fun, the races are competitive and the community is great!
See you soon on the track!
www.4funsimracing.com
Welcome Stefano, this place is the right one for you!
Plenty of good drivers, helpful people, sportsmanship and laughs.
Velcome Stefano from Stefan:-)
You introducing post is very similar to my.
Take a look here https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=7555

See you on the track..
Hi guys, Dario Andrea and Stefan!
Thanks for your welcome. And thanks also to the many who have read my post.

For Dario: We already crossed paths in Octavia Cup, Tòzan circuit, one afternoon. To be exact, I saw you ... you started in the front row, I was in the penultimate !!

For Stefan: I read your introductory post.
True. Very similar to mine also in the ideas of sports driving. I also don't consider myself very fast, and I try to be careful. i think that even in the positions behind you have fun!
In the Octavia Cup race (which I mentioned earlier), I did several laps of the track and fought a lot with a Spanish guy for 11th position! I had a lot of fun and it went well!

Greetings to all
Yes, I saw you in the qualy!
Then I started 2nd, gained the 1st position then disconnected for connection issue Undecided 
I hope to soon be able to fight with you for the top positions, see you soon!
www.4funsimracing.com