Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indicate in the profile or in the table results the used aids?
Hello, I think could be nice indicate the used aids in the table reuslts of a championship. I think is not the same use for example manaul lcutch or automatic. I think is not the same so this information should be displayed then everybody can know the used aids for each driver. Then maybe If i am using manual clutch and H shiffter and the guy inf ront of me is using automatic and patterns in a car that has no patterns in real life I can know that we are not under the same conditions and I will not focus on him. What do you think?
How you focus or not focus on someone? Everyone is playing the same video game, and the server allows what it allows. If you feel like you are getting cheated because someone uses paddles or something and that is important to you, then use all the advantages you feel makes you faster?
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I use clutch and H-pattern for the cars that require it because it is more fun to me. However, I do not care if others do not use it, even if they are quicker than me. I will still treat them as any other driver on the track and try to have a good race with them. As long as they drive respectfully on the track, then I don't care what they use. The same goes for camera point of views (cockpit, vs dash vs hood). I really don't care, use whatever you prefer. A good driver will be fast no matter what they use. As the saying goes, a good craftsman never blames their tools.

Remember some of the equipment is expensive and not everyone can afford these extra peripherals on top of their already expensive wheel and pedals. They also might not have the proper stand or seating area to mount a gearstick. I don't think it is fair to exclude them from certain events, just because they do not have this extra equipment. If you really want the field to be equal regarding equipment, then that logic suggests that everyone should have the same wheel and pedals for fear of someone using one that would give them an advantage. It would be weird and stupid to have races where only people with a T300 wheel are allowed for example.
I understand that some guys have no the "budget" in order to have a shifter and H-pattern (not sure which % of simracers are not able to buy a shift pattern) but I realised that a lot of simracers with really good "hardaware" and  good wheels even with cars that have H shifter they use automatic clutch and paddles . I am not saying exclude anyone , just indicate in the table results which "aids" have been used by the racer. At the end I understand that  a competition shouled be fair as posible. I uderstand each wheel is diferetnt and is not posible have races by "type of wheels", is not reasonable , but indicate which "aids" have been used in a race is easy and reasonable for me. I wrote this post after the monaco race with BMW M1Procar (Automobilista). I am using H shiffter and clutch, during the trainings that I did I tried with the paddles and it was more easy, then I thought ok, people can enjoy the simracing as they want/can (diferent reasons) but If somebody is using some conditions that let an "easier" driving maybe could be interesting notify which "aids" have been used by this person. For me is related to fair in a competition (beign realistic and understanding not everyone can access to complete hardware). By the way I enjoy racing with everyone if there is respect but we are using simulators, and simulation has a meaning, somebody can not simulate enough for diferent reasons ok, but just indicate which % of simulation has been used.
(01-10-2021, 10:18 AM)Marcel Alemany Wrote:  I understand that some guys have no the "budget" in order to have a shifter and H-pattern (not sure which % of simracers are not able to buy a shift pattern) but I realised that a lot of simracers with really good "hardaware" and  good wheels even with cars that have H shifter they use automatic clutch and paddles . I am not saying exclude anyone , just indicate in the table results which "aids" have been used by the racer. At the end I understand that  a competition shouled be fair as posible. I uderstand each wheel is diferetnt and is not posible have races by "type of wheels", is not reasonable , but indicate which "aids" have been used in a race is easy and reasonable for me. I wrote this post after the monaco race with BMW M1Procar (Automobilista). I am using H shiffter and clutch, during the trainings that I did I tried with the paddles and it was more easy, then I thought ok, people can enjoy the simracing as they want/can (diferent reasons) but If somebody is using some conditions that let an "easier" driving maybe could be interesting notify which "aids" have been used by this person. For me is related to fair in a competition (beign realistic and understanding not everyone can access to complete hardware). By the way I enjoy racing with everyone if there is respect but we are using simulators, and simulation has a meaning, somebody can not simulate enough for diferent reasons ok, but just indicate which % of simulation has been used.
Okay I get more what you mean, sorry if I came across a bit rude in my last post. Personally, I still don't like the idea of having something that shows what "aids" a driver is using in the standings. I don't think it would add anything useful to the standings results. Instead it could still potentially lead to some nastiness or snobbery and thus still have the effect of making people feel guilty and under pressure for not using certain equipment or settings. Maybe that's just me being cynical as to what people can be and quite possibly a guilty internal self-reflection on how my perspective of other drivers could change with access to that information. I'd rather avoid this and not know at all, where instead I can just keep my enjoyment and focus on my driving, the actual race battle and my final points in the standings.

Well done in the Monaco race btw. I was running behind you the whole race, it was a very stressful one to avoid completely wrecking the car throughout the duration of the whole race.
Realted to Monaco race: Yes, I know you were there, always behind me, I really felt you during all race , you did a really good race. I spent all race thinking : I must not die and I must hold the car behind. It was a really streesful/nice race. ^^
(01-10-2021, 12:58 PM)Donnchadh MacGarry Wrote:  I'd rather avoid this and not know at all, where instead I can just keep my enjoyment and focus on my driving, the actual race battle and my final points in the standings.

Yup. Knowing what other drivers are using is just a way to measure your e-peen. Best not pay too much attention to the parts of your brain hoping for this type of info.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz