Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mechanical damages to 100%
(01-08-2021, 04:22 PM)Simon Speth Wrote:  I guess the idea of 60% damage is that if you are the unlucky one being hit in T1 your race is not completely destroyed.
Then the penalty is dealt by incidents giving to each car one incident point, with the further idea of wrecking drivers having higher incident counts than clean driver which get punted from times to times.

But here is where I would like to discuss:
1) I've seen multiple times that for slight contacts one involved driver (often the crashing driver) gets no incident points.
2) You crash out on your own and get only slight aero damage (because set to 60%), But, you additionally get an incident point. In my opinion this is not what incident points are for as a wall contact is always better than taking out an opponent.
3) As so often discussed incident points only minorly affect your rating with not actively keeping risky drivers on thier own server.
Thanks Simon for the reply. I understand your point of view and I agree with most of it.
I have also written about accidents because I think it is an aspect that could help prudence, but I understand that it can also totally ruin a race. For this my idea would be to set 100% only in the daily series, so we can have other opportunities. Let's say my point 3 is more a consideration of the consequences than a real reason to bring the damage to 100%. What I care about most are my points 1 and 2. Having greater realism and having more unpredictable and interesting races.
An example comes to mind: From a hard-fought race in the top 2, where perhaps there was some contact, there would be more tangible mechanical consequences that would lead to worsening times, thus giving the rider in third position the opportunity to take advantage of it. and reopen the fight for victory.
This is what I am referring to and I understand that mine is purely a matter of entertainment and fun, an opportunity to have more emotions during the race, but if not for this, what are we racing for?
And if something goes wrong, patience. By now after months I no longer get very angry about accidents, I have learned that they are part of the game and sometimes happen, as happens in F1 in the first corners of a GP.
www.4funsimracing.com

Messages In This Thread
Mechanical damages to 100% - by Dario Bucalo - 01-08-2021, 03:05 PM
RE: Mechanical damages to 100% - by Simon Speth - 01-08-2021, 04:22 PM
RE: Mechanical damages to 100% - by Dario Bucalo - 01-08-2021, 05:42 PM
RE: Mechanical damages to 100% - by Omer Kinay - 01-08-2021, 07:20 PM
RE: Mechanical damages to 100% - by Russell Sobie - 01-09-2021, 02:22 AM
RE: Mechanical damages to 100% - by Michal Ringes - 01-09-2021, 07:09 PM