Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mechanical damages to 100%
The possibility of not having to deal with damage is a huge advantage of sim racing over real life racing, in my opinion. Therefore it shouldn't be "correctly simulated" but only in a way so people won't use other cars and barriers to bounce around the track.

But that's just me with my philosophy of not treating sim racing as a simulation of something else but as a more convient and less expensive form of racing.

And of course my naivity of not believing that people might crash less if there's more damage Big Grin
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
well let me just say that crashing into others is not racing, so why even bother to try when you know the consequences will be minimal right ?Smile
There's crashing for incidents and on purpose. None of those would be limited by increasing the damage. Incidents are likely going to raise in both situations: because the damaged car is less stable (incidents) and because, if your purpose is to avenge yourself or something like that, you're going to do more damage.
If tomorrow SRS is choosing to increase damage to 100%, I'm cool with it, even if racing is going to be even harder for a beginner like me.
Of course in AMS2 it is 100% damage with the possibility of retirement level damage.