Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Do you need to save any fuel?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
None at all
40.00%
2 40.00%
Some saving
40.00%
2 40.00%
Saving is required
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AC GT3 - Fuel Saving needed for 1 stop + Nürburgring split2 race highlights video
Question 
First of all, wish you all have a nice new year. Here in the Netherlands vaccinations are finally starting and that gives me a lot of hope.

Now to the subject, how do you find the fuel consumption of 200 accross the different cars and tracks?

Yesterday I randomly picked the SCG 003C, not only because it is unusual and I like being different, but I actually find it really interesting for being ultra low and low drag design, more like a prototype than an actual GT, so I thought that could give me an edge.

But turns out this thing chugs through the fuel and both at the Barcelona Moto and the Nürburgring I had to save a lot of fuel.  I'm practicing only with this one so far, so I would have to start from scratch I was to change and I already kinda like it....
Here's a video from yesterday's race on split 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue8wjk1kaqE

(the video widget doesnt seem to work properly)

Do you also have to save a lot of fuel on the other cars?
What is the current ballast weight for the cars?
Glick looks cool but its a terrible car.
So if you want to have a somewhat competitive race just pick one of: z4, 650, 911, r8 or 488.
I had that suspicion it was a meme car, specially for not seeing it on the top split, but went for it anyways lol

Weird its that bad since it won Nürburgring 24h twice... maybe it's just this very specific track and/or age has caught up

Thanks for you feedback man!
I like your approach.
Drive what you find fun. Winning is nice but a great battle is more memorable.
It's only internet points at the end of the day.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
The car is reasonably competitive but overheats tires a bit more easily. Rather big fuel usage and smaller fuel tank size combined with the fuel rate being set as it is on SRS, just won't make it a good ride.
(01-06-2021, 05:32 PM)Filip Stoyanovich Wrote:  The car is reasonably competitive but overheats tires a bit more easily. Rather big fuel usage and smaller fuel tank size combined with the fuel rate being set as it is on SRS, just won't make it a good ride.

I worked around the temps adjusting tyre pressure really easily. At Nürburgring I had around the same lap times as with the R8, both with minimal setup.

But it feels there is just something off the fuel consumption on the Glickenhaus; again, it was successful on endurance and that would mean it was either more fuel efficient, which obviously is not the case, or absurdly faster than the competition to compensate for a thirstier engine. Which is also not the case.

As for the fuel cell/tank size, it is the same size of the Z4, holding 110L. The SCG will run for around 28min without fuel saving, while the Z4 will easily do 40+ min.

(01-05-2021, 01:59 PM)Fredrik Söderstedt Wrote:  Glick looks cool but its a terrible car.
So if you want to have a somewhat competitive race just pick one of: z4, 650, 911, r8 or 488.

Fuel rate at 200% means that any differences will be two times more impacting than they were before. I wonder if SRS could balance that better for the 003 to make it a viable option, maybe through lowering the consumption rate and/or adding ballast to the other cars.

Edit: After reading a bit more, it all makes sense as this car is GT3 compliant but is not an actual GT3 car. So it would inevitably fall short in one way, or many in it's case. Found these survey results to be useful as an overview of the category in AC: https://www.reddit.com/r/acrl/comments/6...y_results/
I think i shouldn't get myself involved here, but i love to punish myself so i gonna reply about Glucose home building (joking) Big Grin
First, it isn't your meta car that you pick for "top person said get it and do X and Y".
This car requires a lot of trying and testing in practice to find fun in it. I drive this car through AC GT3 Euro and i don't complain, it is fun choice for mid-field racing. 
It have fuel hungry engine, but thing is, if i wasn't greedy dumm dumm, then i would without problem finish the race, it is possible, just take full load, survive few laps calmly and observe the players (quite good to do so) and actually hit empty spot to do YOUR pace, good idea is to pick app for fuel, or do some training with 200% to know when default assetto fuel bar is in your "danger zone" and pit it, don't risk it like me (i'm pretty sure 30 mins of race is spot to do pit with this car, it takes time to pit so extra distance for you, also remember such races, especially on mid-field, is more about just driving and not doing mistakes than going for insane laps). Also you can try do 2 pits with more softy-med tires, but then you really need to do good setup to take advantage, i'm not knowledgeable enough to do such thing :|
With right setup this car can give you survivable pace and give few controllable fun corner exits without going seppuku into sand/grass (again, test your setup).
Thing is if you picked this car for "I wanna win" then No, this isn't car for you. I picked it mostly to be different and learn about car i don't know exist and have some fun, rest of GT3 cars are well known and """boring""".
Sorry for broken, rubbish english, i got quite rusty with it Sad
I gonna say it straight, i'm playing Assetto Corsa on Game pad... on directional pad. I'm masochistic, nostalgic idiot that can't forget muscle memory from many Gran Turismo 1, 2 and 4 races. I'm driving in various skins i made.
Team D-Pad as:         #66,
Team LEGENDS as:     #66,
Panzer Apt. 767 as:     #13
[quote pid='44997' dateline='1610410390']
good idea is to pick app for fuel, or do some training with 200% to know when default assetto fuel bar is in your "danger zone" and pit it, 

I reccomend using an amazing app called ACRL Fuel. It shows the exact amount of fuel you have, and how many laps/minutes you can do with it. 
[/quote]