Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DONK's M1 Procar Championship - AMS2
Got disconnected from the server in today's race. I think it was lap 5. Frustrating :|
Sorry for not posting any updates before the last two races, like I said in the DTMurica race discussion, I should be sacked for my laziness  Tongue .

I've been enjoying this series so far and have been fortunate to have had good consistent results, including a win at Interlagos. However, this series has proven to become quite frustrating to a few people in Moonie's discord (that I mentioned in the 1st post). This is because after Monaco, there have be a few updates to the M1 Procar that have had a major influence on how it behaves. In the first two races at Ibarra and Monaco, I found that it took about 2 laps for the tyres to heat up before I could begin to really push hard. They would feel good for about 15 minutes and then grip would drop a bit for the final 5 minutes. With the updates to the car, I now find its nearly the opposite scenario. In all 3 races at Adelaide, Interlagos and Donington, I found I had my best grip in the first 5 minutes. Then there is a noticeable drop in grip and the rear becomes incredibly loose and slides a lot. This gets much more worse as the race goes on and the car really becomes a handful. It is much more difficult to drive this car in the last 3 races, compared to the first 2 in my opinion.

To combat this loose rear, I decided to make some changes to my setup to try and reduce this. It means my setup is pretty understeery for the first 5 minutes, but when the rear tyres loose grip, I find this setup is more manageable for the rest of the race compared to the default. My main changes were
  • Overinflate the front tyres and underinflate the rears. So in the pit menu I set the front tyres to 1.60 bar and the rears to the minimum of 1.20 bar.
  • Soften the rear ARB. My rear ARB is at 5N/mm and I also increased my front ARB slightly to 55N/mm. I think the default settings currently 50N/mm for the front and 30N/mm at the rear, but it used to be 40 N/mm front and 20N/mm rear before the most recent update.
  • Increase the number of clutches in the rear differential to 8. I don't understand what this does, but I was told it helps things a bit (maybe more would be even better?).
  • I also change my final drive gear ratio depending on the track, for Goiania I think 4.500 is a good choice.
You can get my setup directly from the Time Trial mode if you add me as a ghost. My time on the leaderboard uses my name (no fancy nickname) and is 2nd on Goiania while I write this. I have also recently been shown this nice playlist tutorial for creating AMS 2 setups, its by Steelcast27 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opk0b-ZH...0Gt1nONnMp .

There was another big update to AMS2 a few days ago, here are the patch notes https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/a...0-5.14820/.
It says something about make further changes to tyre threads, but I didn't notice the car feeling different. It also says its readjusted the gear ratios for the Procar, but you must reset your setup to default first if you want that ratio.
It has been a fun championship, though I was disappointed that due to the server removing me from the results at Donington I've dropped a place on the leader board.
Just a warning, a hotfix has just released for AMS2 that has deleted all my setups, so its best to check if any of ye have also made one yourself. Luckily I wrote up mine in the previous post. I also took pictures to help me when writing the post, which I've just uploaded to the SRS discord and Moonie's discord as well. Feel free to use it as a refernece if that will be helpful, I've been overloading the fuel for these races by quite a bit, so there should be more than enough from what I used in the pictures (37L).
Hi I'm staying until the end and I didn't score a point
That happened to me last week.