Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MoonieGT's DTMurica Championship - R3E DTM 2014-16
Tomorrow's race is at Sonoma Raceway WTCC, which I just gave a test today and is a very fun, challenging track to drive. I really like sector 1 with its elevation changes and blind corners. If you weren't involved in last weeks race, then I would highly recommend watching MoonieGT's or Donk's video of the race. I was in a battle with them for the whole race, along with two other drivers, so it was basically a group of 4-5 drivers constantly overtaking each other throughout the race up to the final corner. It genuinely was one of the best SRS races I have ever been in. I won't link every race they record for this championship, but I felt this one was one that absolutely deserved a shout out to be watched.
MoonieGT POV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stqtVfGvyzI&t=2268s
DONK POV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N38nBZVWaRU&t=831s

If anyone wants to try this event and didn't do last weeks race, don't forget about mapping a button for DRS, it proved to be incredibly powerful at Watkins Glen. Be careful how you use it though, the back gets very loose with it enabled and if you need to lift your throttle completely then it auto turns off (the same as when you touch the brakes). I also misunderstood at the start of the race on how DRS was dealt out, but I think I understand it now. Basically if you are within 1 second of the car in front as you cross the line to start the next lap, you get 3 allocations of DRS for the next lap that you can engage at any point in the lap. However if you are in front, or are over 1 second behind the people in front, then you get nothing. MoonieGT (Allen Moon) used this to great effect on me, he hung behind me after I overtook him on the 3rd last lap and waited until the final lap before making an easy move on me on the straight. Then when I got side by side with him around the final corner, he could use his final DRS allocation to beat me to the line.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MoonieGT's DTMurica Championship - R3E DTM 2014-16 - by Donnchadh MacGarry - 01-08-2021, 06:16 PM