Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More points for participation & crashless races...handicapping?
Hi all

Id like to suggest more points for simply participating, finishing, starting, completing laps and crashless racing...points handicapping could be considered to encourage/help beginners...and tighten standings no?

I think more can happen here with more racers & more traffic...dont mean just on track...but on SRS. Just having the fastest people up front all the time...beginnners & slower racers just give up...

This in an effort to increase car counts and make for closer grids and races...racing should be racing...with lotta passing...many close fights...when car counts are low, lotta difference in racer speed/ability.

Me, I dont really care about points, just like to be able to race for fun any time of day with large & close fields...

I've seen this approach at many "local tracks" / "budget limited series" in North America to encourage participation and increase car counts where championships dont have a ton of money for the winner at the end...

When younger, I participated in the planning of points systems for racing way too many times...this wont work where lotta $$$ is involved for wins and championships but works great for "participation" series...

Also...obviously more popular / high car count series with those easier to drive "slower cars" should be up in the schedule/race rotation more often? Most people with normal lives dont have tons of time to practice...

This game (it needs a few things like forced cockpit to be considered a "sim") is now what 6 years old? Needs TLC to keep it going.

Just my 2 cents