Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bird/Helicopter cam?
Hi sim racers!

i  wonder if there is an app with an intergrated bird cam?
I need it to study the tracks better because i miss alot of late appexes, in matter of fact i dont know where they are, then you pull away and leave me behind, thats not nice.  Angry
The drone cam probably wont do the job, right? 

Cheers
Hi Nicolas,

Pressing F5 will activate a camera mode that follows your car. You can then use the arrows or WASD keys to position it right above your car. Pressing F7 activates a free camera mode. This can be useful if you want the camera to be positioned above a corner.

Recently, this worked for me when I was checking my racing line in that pesky middle sector of Zandvoort.
(05-06-2021, 05:20 AM)Christopher Magan Wrote:  Hi Nicolas,

Pressing F5 will activate a camera mode that follows your car. You can then use the arrows or WASD keys to position it right above your car. Pressing F7 activates a free camera mode. This can be useful if you want the camera to be positioned above a corner.

Recently, this worked for me when I was checking my racing line in that pesky middle sector of Zandvoort.

Hi Christopher,
thanx for the tip mate.Unfortunately F5 and F7 keys dont work on replay modus. I ve googled some solutions (putting spherical_coords on 0) but the problem still exists. I will fight my way through it i guess.
At least now i know that the AC cam is able to do it and what to search for.

Cheers!
F7 allows you to have a free camera, which allows you to move around with the arrow keys and mouse to go up, down and turn around. Using CTRL or Shift you can move around faster and slower. To be able to use the free camera, you need to make a change in a ini fileFollow these steps to enable the free camera.
Go to your Assetto Corsa folder.
Copy and paste the following into your windows 10 file manager. %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg
2. Open the file assetto_corsa.ini with your text editor.
3. Locate this line of text ALLOW_FREE_CAMERA=0
4. Change this line to ALLOW_FREE_CAMERA=1
5. Save and exit.
In free camera, using CTRL and the mouse click, you can autofocus on that location
Lars Mars
Gentdrivers Team
(05-07-2021, 07:42 AM)Lars Mars Wrote:  F7 allows you to have a free camera, 

Good morning Lars,
thank you mate, this finaly worked!

I need to try out the camera a bit though, on first attempt i lost the car and was staring on the empty tarmac, then found an airfield with 2 lear jets and then i couldnt find the track at all, got lost in the suroundings of Paul Ricard  Smile  
Was in hurry to come back here and report success.

Thanks again mate!