Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rating System
Good afternoon everyone,
I'm starting to fall in love with this racing system and seeing that most of the drivers in splits 1 and 2 really respect getting back on track or even the dreaded first corner of the circuits. And I have also realized what a turtle I am Sad

Taking advantage of the Christmas holidays I am running a lot, but I imagine that in a short time I will not be able to run so assiduously.
Rereading the info within regulation again, I believe that there are several gaps and doubts that arise in regards to the rating system.

From what I realize. A racer can only gain 102 points each week per championship.

Which makes me think, why the first ones are around 950 points? Is there some kind of soft reset at the end of the season?
If I ran 3 championships in the 6 weeks and managed to win all of them (with 0 incidents Tongue ), would I go to 1892 points? (3*6*102)

Thanks in advantage,
David.
(01-04-2021, 03:37 PM)David Hernandez Lopez Wrote:  Good afternoon everyone,
I'm starting to fall in love with this racing system and seeing that most of the drivers in splits 1 and 2 really respect getting back on track or even the dreaded first corner of the circuits. And I have also realized what a turtle I am Sad

Taking advantage of the Christmas holidays I am running a lot, but I imagine that in a short time I will not be able to run so assiduously.
Rereading the info within regulation again, I believe that there are several gaps and doubts that arise in regards to the rating system.

From what I realize. A racer can only gain 102 points each week per championship.

Which makes me think, why the first ones are around 950 points? Is there some kind of soft reset at the end of the season?
If I ran 3 championships in the 6 weeks and managed to win all of them (with 0 incidents Tongue ), would I go to 1892 points? (3*6*102)

Thanks in advantage,
David.
Hi David, you are melting rating points and championship points, which are distincted values. 
For every race you earn championship points (a maximum of 102 for a win with no incidents in the split 1 , but you can also receive negative points if you are in the back ranks with many incidents, since every incident counts -3 points) and rating points.
Rating points are calculated for every race and are increased/decreased with an algorithm based essentially on: 1) your placement in the race and the strenght of the opponents you beat; 2) the number of incidents you had.
Rating points are calculated also with decimals, are an absolute value (only one per racer) and are never reset, championship points are calculated only with integers (unless you have more than 5 races a week). are a multiple value (you have one for every championship) and are reset after the end of the championship itself.

I hope this helps and that I didn't put it too much complicated, it's much simpler than my explanation in facts Smile
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.
Hi Gianluca,

In fact, now I realize that mi actual rating is not the sum of all my points in the championships, and I do not get the same points as in the race I have just race.
Then, you can run as much as you want to gain rating points.

Thank you very much.
David.
(01-04-2021, 06:41 PM)David Hernandez Lopez Wrote:  Hi Gianluca,

In fact, now I realize that mi actual rating is not the sum of all my points in the championships, and I do not get the same points as in the race I have just race.
Then, you can run as much as you want to gain rating points.

Thank you very much.
David.
Be aware that if you race within 5 times per series a week, your championship points for that week will be the best result you had, with more than 5 races your championship points will be the average of all your results.

(For instance, if you have 102, 98, 95, 80, 45 points in your five races, you'll have 102 points. If you do one more race with, say, 95 points, you'll have 102 + 98 + 95 + 80 + 45 + 95 : 6 = 85,8 points 

This doesn't concern your rating points of course, that are calculated on the basis of the single races.
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.