Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lotus 98T track guides
(05-04-2020, 06:22 PM)Nico Schmitz Wrote:  
(05-04-2020, 08:31 AM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  Those 8 10 wings smell like heavy undernosteer goin straight to wall kinda thing  Smile
Well as you could see it worked haha.
Thanks for your setup.I find it much more manageable. I need to learn all about setups so i eventually understand what makes this one much more safe to drive for newbies than the default one.(is it coast differential lock or tyre pressures maybe?), i also like very much the gears setup.Today was my first race in this car and was able to do zero incidents and enjoyed my self. looking forward to tomorrow and the next weekend. Peace
anyone used my setup ? Smile and if yes did you liked it ? Smile
on last races, there are no good conditions to do Q or race, it is not possible when there are many who see the car first time , or it look like it, it is not posssible make any good lap when cars pit out , drive 10-15s per lap slower, often 2 side by side, instead use mirrors and brain not block the track so much when there are drivers in timed laps , and in race these make trouble as spins often drive very very slow and block track by driving ideal lines or very unpredictable
You keep posting these complaint posts on the Forums, Michal... I thought I and others have made it very clear that the people that should be reading such posts do not read the forums in the first place? You are doing, as we say, "preaching to the choir". Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
i thing is time to aplly some kind of regulatuion in series like this, by minimal rating as was applied in some past series or any other usable filter (shame there is not possible to use time rule like was in reality - 107% of pole time ) , it is not good for racing with cars with so different speeds and chaotic driving like i saw today and yesterday
a minimum amount of practice laps for some series would make SRS really stand out in the sim racing community

and it shouldn't be that hard to implement either
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Only 27 registered to race today. The 2nd server ran with 4 drivers. Maybe it was a good case for splitting the servers equally (14-13). But then again we do have 3 races to get the best outcome points wise. It was utter carnage in the backfield.
Good idea about a graded practice event.
My impressions of today were that my race setup (1-28 in simulated practice race @ 80% turbo) produced 1-30 on the day & only came to life at 90% turbo for one lap. Lucky I had good points from earlier race.
I do not think that some practice will change much, this car is unique and way different than other cars, i was driving it for a over a year almost every day and still was able to be faster and faster, laps that feeled insane were crushed by seconds. I did way over 100k km with this on maybe 60 different tracks and still feel like i can go faster Smile The car works best on the absolute limit and you must be able to use its strong features correctly. Not to be scared of the twitchines, sliding back under full power and other dangerous things that happen. At first it was pretty difficult but now it feels super natural and really rewarding. The more time you spend driving this car the more you will enjoy it, its just incredible. So if everyone driving in race will practice at least so much that he has some car control, can do reasonable speeds in corners and use correct braking points (no 150 m too early is not correct), can start without spining a do lap without crashing it, not loose the car everytime the turbo kicks in it will be ok. The speed will come later. Also we faster drivers should just get used to slower trafic, avoid them safely and hope they will see us and make it easier for us.
(05-17-2020, 08:40 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  You keep posting these complaint posts on the Forums, Michal... I thought I and others have made it very clear that the people that should be reading such posts do not read the forums in the first place? You are doing, as we say, "preaching to the choir". 
maybe we can get the admin to put on the front page or on the little race boxes 'CHECK FORUM FOR DETAILS', where it says 'DOWNLOADS NEEDED' and it takes a user to a dedicated thread for each championship - people on iracing for example are well trained to go to the forum page for each car and check out details/tips, a new thread is created for each round in each season. 
e.g. there are like 3 98T threads here, maybe we could have one for each car.
Again... forum user to SRS member ratio is probably waaay on the small side. At least it certainly seems that way on the track most races. Hell, most people probably start up Assetto Corsa (not even Content Manager!), click on the SRS tab, find the next race, and register. They read none of it. They don't open this site in a browser, they don't look at (or even know about) Shoutbox or the Discord server. They just installed the SRS app, and click through to race. That's it.

I don't have any actual numbers to back this up, but I bet those numbers exist! And until everyone on a server behaves perfectly, understands how to qualify like a sane person, doesn't wreck into folks after the finish line, and only registers if they can do 10+ clean laps with the current car/track combo, I'm going to stand by my hypothesis that we here on the forums are what you call a "vocal minority" that are just talking into our own little echo chamber.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz