Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPA racing
Let's pretend I am ahead after turn 1 Lap 1(La Source)and 4th is right behind me, even if he gets a better exit after turn 1, I am still "completely" ahead after more than halfway down the hill and never dreamed he would try to take the inside forcing a 2 car wide Eau Rouge (no man's land)...was the most ****** ** move of the entire race and wrecked the rest of the entire field .....WHYYYYY ????? Where do you have to go? if you're faster, learn patience now...The lesson here is......if the lead car is still ahead after more than halfway down the hill. please let him go and don't depend on him to give in because he "KNOWS" you're an idiot for trying to pass at that location.....I'm not giving in to an idiot. We will wreck and it will be your fault for trying to pass at the "most ridiculous" place on the entire track, I don't care how FAST you are. Did I mention very first lap? .....
Quote:Race Incidents Discussion is forbidden!
Create a protest instead.
(07-10-2018, 12:52 AM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  
Create a protest instead.......

Key word is "pretend".... very basic scenario....forum po po? https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=po%20po
And people often think that it's only the backmarkers who pull stupid moves Big Grin

I've had that same move done to me several times at Spa. Then when you're both splattered in a wall like a fly on a windshield you facepalm and wonder if they genuinely thought they could pull it off instead of, you know, waiting 3 seconds for the perfect overtaking zone...
(07-10-2018, 03:28 AM)Will Dawson Wrote:  And people often think that it's only the backmarkers who pull stupid moves Big Grin

I've had that same move done to me several times at Spa. Then when you're both splattered in a wall like a fly on a windshield you facepalm and wonder if they genuinely thought they could pull it off instead of, you know, waiting 3 seconds for the perfect overtaking zone...

Just pretending of course, I have given in so many times especially if they get a better run and get ahead, if i get a better run, i have to let off the throttle and wait for a more opportune time. I let a guy go today and ended up getting thru Raidillion faster so i pass him on the next str8...easy to do.....What may happen I think is he didn't want to wait for a slower car but yet he was slow on the start enabling me to pass early thru T1. He thought he would lose sight of the leader apparently in first few turns.
(07-09-2018, 11:13 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  Let's pretend I am ahead after turn 1 Lap 1(La Source)and 4th is right behind me, even if he gets a better exit after turn 1, I am still "completely" ahead  after more than halfway down the hill and never dreamed he would try to take the inside forcing a 2 car wide Eau Rouge (no man's land)...was the most ******  ** move of the entire race and wrecked the rest of the entire field .....WHYYYYY ????? Where do you have to go? if you're faster, learn patience now...The lesson here is......if the lead car is still ahead after more than halfway down the hill. please let him go and don't depend on him to give in because he "KNOWS" you're an idiot for trying to pass at that location.....I'm not giving in to an idiot. We will wreck and it will be your fault for trying to pass at the "most ridiculous" place on the entire track, I don't care how FAST you are.  Did I mention very first lap? .....

Not relevant the lap, that's a stupid move, no matter what lap it is.
Even if it was the last lap, and even if there is no accident, you can be exposed in the long straight after.

You are right not giving in to an idiot, if you do, he will keep doing it. If no one gives in, he will finally stop trying.

(07-10-2018, 12:52 AM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  
Create a protest instead.

Protest is for complaining and ask for some penalty ... this thread is for discusion on what's right behaviour on Eau Rouge.
There is no pretending, there are people around that were in that race, saw the incident, were part of it or saw it on replay.

Pretending then example situations: the car ahead had their left clear completely not only "completely" (where half of their cars overlap) and did not push/bump car on their left then there would be no collision and as long as both drivers adjusted speed down accordingly to racing situation there would be no contact on top of the hill either and both would exit onto the straight just fine.
Obviously when cars do overlap before corner entry, one or both do not give the other space and contacts happen then they both usually go out.
Another issue on Eau Rouge is rejoining the track especially rejoining on it's upper part or behind the hill in blind spot, do this wrong and it's a carnage.

Overtaking in Eau Rouge? Quite doable when drivers respect each other and give enough space. But when one can't do it, thinks the other can't do it either and thus tries to block or otherwise not give space then contacts happen... it's a crash.

https://youtu.be/SnOOqY8huvA?t=2m5s

(07-10-2018, 08:38 AM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  There is no pretending, there are people around that were in that race, saw the incident, were part of it or saw it on replay.

Pretending then example situations: the car ahead had their left clear completely not only "completely" (where half of their cars overlap) and did not push/bump car on their left then there would be no collision and as long as both drivers adjusted speed down accordingly to racing situation there would be no contact on top of the hill either and both would exit onto the straight just fine.
Obviously when cars do overlap before corner entry, one or both do not give the other space and contacts happen then they both usually go out.
Another issue on Eau Rouge is rejoining the track especially rejoining on it's upper part or behind the hill in blind spot, do this wrong and it's a carnage.

Overtaking in Eau Rouge? Quite doable when drivers respect each other and give enough space. But when one can't do it, thinks the other can't do it either and thus tries to block or otherwise not give space then contacts happen... it's a crash.
F1 is a totally different category than DTM 90's where maybe you can pull off a stunt like that because the reactions are so fast and you have greater downforce to aid traction, although if one thinks they are professional and talented enough to try it, then hope the other driver is equally talented to be a success. F1's and high downforce cars may be a bit easier to try 2 wide but i don't recommend it, for every 10 x you try, you might make it thru 50% of the time without a wreck.

(07-10-2018, 08:38 AM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  "There is no pretending, there are people around that were in that race, saw the incident, were part of it or saw it on replay."   

Like it hasn't happened almost every race at least once, and you're concerned that somebody actually had this happen and might be offended if they read it.....Ohhh, you mean 90% of all drivers on SRS have had this happen because they aren't professional enough to make it thru unscathed like you.
It's doable with any car except the very old soft suspension pre 1980 ones where staying on a track itself on vintage tyres and boat like suspension is a challenge, even if you steer somewhere it takes a while to do anything and then it slides sideways out of corners constantly.

With DTMs? No problem. As long as drivers don't crash each other on entry you can legitimately overtake on inside line through the Eau Rouge chicane. Is it easy to do it fast with an E30, no and it will probably drift on uphill but it can do it side by side through the whole 3 turn chicane. Is it fast to do it, no but then no corner is fast when you gotta go side by side, if one lets the other go then it is not that slow at all and they both can go through fast with no one having to drift or anything. Is it better to wait for straight to overtake? Sometimes yes sometimes not, always depends on the current situation.

Most fast drivers will do the overtake before Eau Rouge or in it if they have the extra speed and overlap. If the defending car wants to block it should block soon enough before there is any overlap at all and block in such a way that there is no space left on the side to exploit/use for an overtake, driving middle of the road there is not blocking it's being undecided what to do.

If you're fast and you see some hot head trying to overtake you into Eau Rouge or before, then let them, teach them a lesson by overtaking them back on the straight afterward.

1. driver 1 hot head + driver 2 hot head = both want to be in front go side by side too fast = contacts = crash
  2. driver 1 calm + driver 2 hot head = driver 1 hot head + driver 2 calm = one driver slows down and lets the other go first through the chicane, no issues
  3. driver 1 calm = driver 2 calm = they both slow down and go side by side slowly, no contacts no crash
  4. rejoin track poorly by disrupting cars on track or crashing into them = wreckfest, wait for cars to pass or use a safe place to rejoin where you can be seen and are not driving into racing line, it is 100% responsibility of the car rejoining to do it safely and not disrupt other cars on track, use sideviews, mirrors, map, real time time distances etc. and then rejoin when there is a big enough space and you won't suddenly jump in front of anyone or into their raceline, there is a huge space after Eau Rouge on the left side on straight to rejoin, never do it on the horizon corner, behind it on right side in blind spot or mid uphill, you have to realize cars are gong 200km/h with almost no space to maneuver to avoid you even if they wanted to and you're probably doing 50km/h at best trying to crawl back on track

The basic rules are fairly simple and well defined for decades in simracing:

https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Rules_of_Clean_Racing

Using mirrors and being aware of cars around pays off. If you can't do it and refuse to learn it then use some of the helping apps AC allows you to use, in fact it defaults to those indicators being enabled.

The incidents in Eau Rouge and elsewhere can be avoided by not pushing or bumping opponent cars beside you be it on corner entry, mid corner, corner exit or straights.
It's doable ? Yes

It's normal ? No
It's something really exceptional, and when it happens, it's commented on the news:
https://www.topgear.es/noticias/motorspo...spa-246558