Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
New AC Series coming May 7!!
I'd rather there were more fixed leagues. I can set up a car just fine, but I have limited free time and I would much rather just be racing.
Thumbs Up 
(05-09-2018, 08:12 PM)Iain Mcfadzen Wrote:  I'd rather there were more fixed leagues. I can set up a car just fine, but I have limited free time and I would much rather just be racing.
+ 1
Fixed setups fine with some cars, but the Formula Abarth for example is so understeery with the default setup that it's not enjoyable for me.
It would be wonderful if any Fixed setup races had an easy to download and install setup for a particular car available for a series, and then the server just locked it to those settings (whether you bothered to download and practice with the setup or not). In that way we could possibly see some non-default (read: non-garbage) setups used for races. I'm no expert, but there seem to be a lot of complaints about the default setups for most cars in AC out of the box.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(05-15-2018, 10:08 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  It would be wonderful if any Fixed setup races had an easy to download and install setup for a particular car available for a series, and then the server just locked it to those settings (whether you bothered to download and practice with the setup or not). In that way we could possibly see some non-default (read: non-garbage) setups used for races. I'm no expert, but there seem to be a lot of complaints about the default setups for most cars in AC out of the box.

Fixed setups aren't always the best ones for some combos I agree, but imo it's the best way to everyone to have iqual chances on track without mixing the ability to get or make a setup with the ability to drive. 
And the ability to adapt to a car is also learning how to drive a bit, so it's a good thing. 
Per example, I my self  think I'm faster with fixed setups, I have more fun and I can race more times than before, because I don't lose time making or searching setups. 
Imo half of the series should be fixed.
No, I get that... I just would like there to be a way that you could have a fixed setup competition that doesn't HAVE to use the Kunos-created default setup as the Fixed setup. Theoretically any setup you can make for a car could be the one setup that everyone would have to use for that car for an entire season... but without a way to make that stupidly easy to distribute and lock down on the server, we have to use the Kunos-created default setups instead. Which are sometimes really crap.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Fixed setups can be great for some cars and terrible for others.
(05-16-2018, 05:03 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  No, I get that... I just would like there to be a way that you could have a fixed setup competition that doesn't HAVE to use the Kunos-created default setup as the Fixed setup. Theoretically any setup you can make for a car could be the one setup that everyone would have to use for that car for an entire season... but without a way to make that stupidly easy to distribute and lock down on the server, we have to use the Kunos-created default setups instead. Which are sometimes really crap.

Yeh, i now and i also would like something like that, probably even all of us. But... for the time being we don`t have that option yet, so that`s why although with its imperfections the actual fixed setup system is the best we can get for now if you want to focus more on just racing.
Of course having series with open setups is important. Having the option to simulate also the engineering side of simracing, but we srs drivers are not all the same. Some are just racers, some are hotlappers, some like to create and test setups, etc, etc. But to be a good racer takes time, to be or almost to be the fastest takes time and to make a proper setup also takes time. It takes looong time to do it all. Not to mention extras like liveries.
So, having the choice to go hardcore all the way on a open series is great, but i find the fixed series more relaxing despite of always being very close racing, by the fact that you are aware that you have the same chances from the start without having to first find a setup, learn how to make one or making it.  The best part is that it almost eliminates all sorts of driver`s excuses, lol... because after 1/2/3 laps, if you can`t catch the guy in front or if the guy behind is faster....well...you only got yourself to blame. It really levels the field in that matter imo.
Besides if people have more free time, they race more, they can practice more, more even than when you are making / testing setups, witch would be a lot better to get some skills and really improve lap times. Also changing settings all the time trying to improve leads to errors on track, using the same set makes it easier to quickly adapt to any circuit because the "limits" of the car are hopefully already memorized.