Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Wheeler's Problems
Hi, people. 

I really love open wheel cars, they are my favorite type of racing cars and they are very difficult to drive most of their series. People who compete with this kind of car have to think a little bit different from the mindset of touring car's drivers, because the contacts may cause more accidents and they need a time consuming preparation to get safe to drive, mitigating risk not only for your race, but the race of your fellow drivers. 

For a long time, I have avoided racing this kind of car on SRS because of people who gets into the race  but they are not prepared to manage, most of the time, a single lap without spin out. Now I'm trying to get good results on F2 championship that has a prize for the winning and I still seeing such horrible things. 

Back then when I gave up on these series, I thought the "solution" could be a minimum driver ranking to get into some races. Those for 600+ wasn't enough for avoid such things happen. So, we should think on a different way to mitigate this problem on forward series, hopefully with your beloved drivers here that like to participate on discussions like this. I bring here one suggestion, since I didn't see anything before on this forum I have search: 

1. Why not a new driver and national rating for Open Wheeler series that could count as a parallel counting to general road rating? We see some divisions that are too sub-used like oval and off-road. We could use a fraction of the road rating to decide who would get into the race for the series, but season by season, the weight of the open wheel rating could be increased.

2. We could increase the time of offline practicing of a driver for ALL SERIES by implementing a sort of a lap simple counting and analysis on a update of the SKIN APP, that could be renamed by some other than this. I'd really love to help on such a thing.

What do you think, mates?

Best wishes for all.
Eduardo Sá (ºLº)

Messages In This Thread
Open Wheeler's Problems - by Eduardo Sa - 12-06-2020, 11:57 PM
RE: Open Wheeler's Problems - by Sergio Mendez - 12-07-2020, 08:35 AM
RE: Open Wheeler's Problems - by Eduardo Sa - 12-08-2020, 07:44 PM
RE: Open Wheeler's Problems - by Michal Ringes - 12-07-2020, 10:35 AM
RE: Open Wheeler's Problems - by Simone Saviolo - 12-07-2020, 06:25 PM
RE: Open Wheeler's Problems - by Sergio Mendez - 12-08-2020, 09:32 PM