Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mazda 787b 1-hour Daily series (Starting November 16th 2020)
I didn't get around to writing this the last day but I just want to thank SRS for running this series and also thank everyone for taking part. I had an absolute blast with this one and I'll miss it now that its over, although I do need a break from the late hour long races as I am normally a bit wired after them and can't get to sleep for a while. I think this is only my 3rd (or 4th) SRS series where I have done all 6 weeks. Normally I end up missing a week, joining a series late or leaving a series early due to real life commitments. So I made sure to make the time and effort to get all 6 weeks done here and it was really worth it. It was a series I was very enthusiastic about taking part in, I didn't do the 2018 one as I felt I wasn't ready to race those cars back then and I pretty much didn't race at all in 2019 due to a few reasons so I missed that series too. I'm glad my posts were (mostly) useful, I hoped that giving the information that I did early on would make the series a competitive one since everyone would have access to plenty of information. I think the highlight for me were the races at Le Mans, in particular the Saturday and Sunday races when I had a competitive setup. It gave me an absolute appreciation for that track since I hadn't raced it before and made me realise how difficult it must be to do a 24 hour event there, especially back in the era where the Molsanne straight had no chicanes.

I know I only focused on the Euro series, but I want to congratulate the podium finishers of all three series: 
  • Euro: 1st Simon Speth,  2nd Hugo Hekkenberg,   3rd Donnchadh MacGarry
  • America: 1st Austin Ogonoski,   2nd Emilano Videla,   3rd John Krahne
  • Asia: 1st Simon Speth,  2nd John Gibson,  3rd Jari Penttinen
(and yes, I may have chosen the top 3 instead of just the winners so I could congratulate myself, you can point and laugh if you want)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mazda 787b 1-hour Daily series (Starting November 16th 2020) - by Donnchadh MacGarry - 12-29-2020, 09:39 PM