Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mazda 787b 1-hour Daily series (Starting November 16th 2020)
(12-04-2020, 10:53 PM)Hugo Hekkenberg Wrote:  I can not get this car stable on this high speed track. I drive with my wing on 2 but it’s scary as hell. Lowered the car and soften the suspension. Camber on -1,5 and dif power on 10% and coast on 60%. Any tips? When you put more wing on the car you are to slow on the straights Sad
I ran RW=3 the last day as I'm also struggling with high speed corners, turn 1 and the final turns (that S part) are really tough. My top speed was 344 km/h, so slower than the +350 km/h others can do, but at least I wasn't losing the car on those turns.

I have heard through the grapevine that anything less than RW=2 won't give anymore topspeed so stick with that. Then there is something that can be done with height to help with stability, not sure what it is and I hope to figure it out in my next practice session. Perhaps changing the pitch of the car could work since you lowered the ride height which didn't do much for you? Raise the rear height and leave the front height the same, which increases the rake to the car. Theoretically this increases diffuser performance and rear downforce increases, but will this work for the car in AC is the question I don't know the answer to. If that doesn't work maybe try the opposite way too, raise front height and keep rear the same. I don't think that would work in real life, but you never know with simulations they can have odd things that don't really make sense, so its worth a test at the very least.

(12-05-2020, 04:42 PM)Donnchadh MacGarry Wrote:  
(12-04-2020, 10:53 PM)Hugo Hekkenberg Wrote:  I can not get this car stable on this high speed track. I drive with my wing on 2 but it’s scary as hell. Lowered the car and soften the suspension. Camber on -1,5 and dif power on 10% and coast on 60%. Any tips? When you put more wing on the car you are to slow on the straights Sad
I ran RW=3 the last day as I'm also struggling with high speed corners, turn 1 and the final turns (that S part) are really tough. My top speed was 344 km/h, so slower than the +350 km/h others can do, but at least I wasn't losing the car on those turns.

I have heard through the grapevine that anything less than RW=2 won't give anymore topspeed so stick with that. Then there is something that can be done with height to help with stability, not sure what it is and I hope to figure it out in my next practice session. Perhaps changing the pitch of the car could work since you lowered the ride height which didn't do much for you? Raise the rear height and leave the front height the same, which increases the rake to the car. Theoretically this increases diffuser performance and rear downforce increases, but will this work for the car in AC is the question I don't know the answer to. If that doesn't work maybe try the opposite way too, raise front height and keep rear the same. I don't think that would work in real life, but you never know with simulations they can have odd things that don't really make sense, so its worth a test at the very least.
Okay just did a quick test there and I think I have something. I think I'm wrong about RW=2 gives top speed so ignore that. Raising rear height to increase rake didn't help me, car felt just as unstable if not more on the high speed turns. However I tried raising the front height, kept rear height low and removed the packers from the rear and the car felt way more stable. I did these changes at once, so I'm not sure if raising the front had the effect, or changing the packers in the rear did. I didn't try RW=0 yet, but used RW=1 when I couldn't use that before. I managed to hit 350 km/h on the straight, and hit a 3:00.9 on my first lap where I pushed it, which was on a full tank with hards, never hit below 3:02 before this. So I think I should be able to try RW=0 after F1 qualy and my dinner (i'm missing Q1 as I write this).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mazda 787b 1-hour Daily series (Starting November 16th 2020) - by Donnchadh MacGarry - 12-05-2020, 04:42 PM