Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mega crash - what should I do to avoid an incident point shower?
Have to say that the "Surviving Rookies" is an excellent series of videos.

If more racers on SRS, server 1 as well as higher servers, made avoiding incidents their number one priority, the racing would be so much cleaner.

It always surprises me that racing on server 1, we still get racers crashing in to each other on straights on lap 1.  Or when you lift off due to an incident in front of you, others are so bad at anticipating what's going on they run in to the back of you.

I have to say that even just reading your first post a couple of alarm bells rang.

Now I'm not trying to be over critical of you as I have no idea of how much racing you've done,  just some things to think about.

Quote:Halfway through the first lap, I got run into from behind while entering a corner, which sent me into a spin and caused a huge crash, with six-seven cars involved.
First lap and you obviously have someone close behind you, try moving off your line, so they aren't directly behind you and slow a bit, give them space.  If they are breaking that late they will probably spin off anyway.  At worst, you lose a place rather than however many you did lose, and no incidents.

Quote:However, I started reducing the gap to drivers in front of me, which I managed to overtake - until one of them bumps into me, sending me into the barriers
Why are they at the back?  They have probably been involved in other incidents, so give them loads of room.  Maybe even wait until they crash again, and just drive past the wreckage Smile

Quote:Then I go on, get on his tail again, try to take his slipstream, he goes right, then left, then right again; I finally pick the inside, outbrake him and get into the corner way before him... but he ignores my attack and just slams me in the back, sending me into a spin, and - unlucky timing - crashing into a driver that was going to lap us.
So you know this guy can't drive safely, then he warns you by swerving down the straight, yet you still put your self just in front of him expecting a different outcome than last time Confused .  What worries me more here is that there is a faster drive coming up to lap you, and rather than leave space and let them past safely, you have carried on battling.

All this does come with experience, and some times you just can't do anything to avoid a wreck, but you are doing one of the best things a racer can do to improve and that's ask for advice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mega crash - what should I do to avoid an incident point shower? - by Tim Cullingworth - 09-21-2020, 04:34 PM