Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mega crash - what should I do to avoid an incident point shower?
Sad 
Hi everyone. I've just been in a cursed race. 

Halfway through the first lap, I got run into from behind while entering a corner, which sent me into a spin and caused a huge crash, with six-seven cars involved. I watched the replay, and I could count about 11 or 12 incident points just for that - of course I didn't count them during the race. 

After that, racing went on, even though my race was now ruined. However, I started reducing the gap to drivers in front of me, which I managed to overtake - until one of them bumps into me, sending me into the barriers - at least 3 more IP. 

Then I go on, get on his tail again, try to take his slipstream, he goes right, then left, then right again; I finally pick the inside, outbrake him and get into the corner way before him... but he ignores my attack and just slams me in the back, sending me into a spin, and - unlucky timing - crashing into a driver that was going to lap us. Fortunately that didn't cost him any positions, but it cost me even more IPs. 

All through the race (but I noticed that in other races too), several drivers showed a bad habit: they spin (legit), they try to recover (legit), but as they do so they slam into other drivers. Some even seemed to like to drive the wrong way for a bit before trying to recover. 

To sum up, I ended the race with 22 IPs, and I got banned for a week. 

Now, I know that IPs are never removed, and, while I could protest that driver (he wasn't the only one causing havoc, though), even if I won the protest I wouldn't see my ban cancelled. 

So, I would rather wish to know: what is the best course of action in case I get involved in a mega crash, or if the race is spoiled by drivers who behave badly? Should I give up the race before I accidentally end up having 20 IPs and a week-long ban? It seems wasteful (and probably against the rules) to leave a race after three turns because a driver stalled on the starting grid and everyone got a handful of free IPs. In case of a mega crash, even if I stay where I am and wait for other drivers to go away, the other drivers could run into me and give me IPs. Do I have a way to know how many IPs / collisions I've already had during the current session?

Also, what is the best practice after a spin? When I find myself stalled in the middle of the track, I usually stay put until approaching drivers have gone past me, then I start to move. Is this correct? Is this what I should expect from other drivers too?

Messages In This Thread
Mega crash - what should I do to avoid an incident point shower? - by Simone Saviolo - 09-19-2020, 04:35 PM