Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Did you like the Inopinatus idea for a new type of SRS Series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, i like it a lot. It's a very good idea.
38.10%
16 38.10%
Yes, but only the Inopinatus Basic series.
16.67%
7 16.67%
Yes, but only the Inopinatus Extreme series.
14.29%
6 14.29%
Yes, but with no 300/400 rating minimum.
4.76%
2 4.76%
Yes, but i prefer the optional name, " Russian roulette ".
7.14%
3 7.14%
No, i don't think it's a good idea.
19.05%
8 19.05%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Inopinatus brand new SRS Series idea - POLL
(02-18-2021, 09:47 PM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  ...
I partially agree with you, Michal, but not completely. From my experience, as a really inexperienced sim racer, you're right when you say there is no such thing as a "magic setup", especially when a beginner like me simply copies the setup used by a pro for his record: it's likely going to be impossible to drive for me. Nevertheless, a couple suggestions (like the ones I kindly got for Cupra TCR) can and often will make a huge difference (2-3 seconds for a mid-sized track like Imola) in a very short practice time.
On fixed setup, a random combination would be cool to "try things" but, in my opinion, is going to make the difference between experienced and inexperienced drivers even larger: when I try a new track with a new car, in the first days of practice I lower my lap times by 2-5 seconds, while I learn the racing line first, the breaking points, when I need to change gears and the optimal tyre pressure (not in this order). An experienced drivers has likely raced on that track, and has likely raced on that car (e.g.: Toyota GT86 @ Modena I'm practicing recently: I know the car decently, but never raced on this particular track. As I'm practicing two other car-track combinations, I'm likely skipping the Toyota race because I don't have enough time to get a comfortable race pace and be at least somewhere in the traffic, even if it's probably an "easy" car-track combo).

To end my boring post: yeah, the "random series" would be cool (and honestly I can't avoid to support the initiative), but it's probably "for experienced players".

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Inopinatus brand new SRS Series idea - POLL - by Andrea Piovanelli - 02-19-2021, 08:45 AM