Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The case for Monza in Internet Sim Racing
I thought I'd join having just done some research on YouTube. I've watched clips of the start for the last 10 Italian GPs to see how often there was contact. From what I could tell only 2014 and 2016 saw all the cars through the first corner cleanly and in those a few went across the run off. In 2011 4 cars ended up parked at the first chicane and in 2018 Brendon Hartley was out barely past the end of the pit wall. 

Beyond this Blancpain GT had a massive pile up before the braking zone and with a rolling start in 2017 as did the Ferrari challenge in 2015. There have also been plenty of F1 races at various circuits with a crash before the first corner (Germany 1994 being particularly bad).

I think this shows that Monza is a problem regardless of the type of car, level of drivers, and whether it is virtual or real. I got through last week without incident but I was on pole and got good starts every time. Even with that I was lucky. Personally I'm okay with whatever going forward (although I don't like it as a track to drive), but I don't see how having restarts would help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The case for Monza in Internet Sim Racing - by Dominic ORourke - 07-02-2020, 08:19 PM