Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The case for Monza in Internet Sim Racing
(07-02-2020, 08:54 AM)JorgeĀ Carrion Wrote:  Mate I was just reading the thread and didnt want to reply but you honestly sound like the most pretentious guy in the world refering to people as "idiots" for crashing in one of the most difficult starts in motorsports.
So in your opinion this guys are idiots:

We had managed to avoid personal insults so far, let's try and keep it civil please.

Calling people idiots is just a shorthand way of saying 'the person at fault' but I thought it was useful to point out that our thinking can sometimes be revealed by our choice of words, and our words influence our thinking. It. It can become a vicious cycle that leads to unnecessary antagonism and recrimination.

As you point out, even the best of the best make mistakes, but you're making the same mistake as Simon by jumping to the worst conclusion about him based on the slightest error.

From what I've heard the iRacing forums are nasty places full of vitriol and we should be thankful we don't have that here. Let's avoid all this useless name calling and appreciate the good and fun aspects of the system.

This us the perfect opportunity to say, I love the positivity and sportsmaship exhibited in the Williams FW31 thread. Probably the most positive thread I have ever read in any forum. Big thumbs up to the guys involved in that series!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The case for Monza in Internet Sim Racing - by Martin Smith - 07-02-2020, 03:41 PM