Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of things I noted
Howdy all,

First of all I just want to say how fantastic it is for this app to make its way to AMS2. I've been loving the feel of this game since it launched, and it's only improved over time - and now I get to enjoy it with you amazing people, so real big props for that!

I drive in VR, and the app instructions were really easy to follow. The only issue I would say could arise is knowing which server you are in before launching the app, as you need to set different launch options depending on the server (I'm sure this is being worked on though, so I've left this out of the notes).

My first note was that the first driver in the lobby is able to launch the session into quali. Even if not everyone is in, even if they are the only one in. Luckily, in the GT5 race, nobody launched the game or "voted to start" early, so this wasn't an issue for us, but I could see that coming up in future. I don't know how much control the guys at SRS have over this problem, but if you guys decide you want to race in AMS2 please be aware of this.

Secondly, the severity of penalties seemed very high. I know, I know - I should just "git gud" and "lern 2 drive betterer" - but I went off track a couple of times around Brands Hatch, losing me a lot of time, and I was issued with immediate slow downs when I made it back to the track safely. This might take a bit of poking around in the rules and regs settings of the server, but would really like to see a bit more leniency on this end, as you lose so much time being off track in AMS2 anyway.

Finally, and more generally than AMS2 - I now have so many SRS apps it's hard to keep track. Is there anyway we could see a unified launcher for all of the apps at some point? One that would detect sims installed, show us the races we are eligible for, and link us to the forum posts showing us how to join in different sims? This is clearly not AMS2 related, but thought I'd throw it in.

Thank you for your time - and see you on track Smile

Messages In This Thread
A couple of things I noted - by Christopher Fox - 06-12-2020, 09:40 AM
RE: A couple of things I noted - by Gerardo Primo - 08-30-2020, 06:40 PM
RE: A couple of things I noted - by Gerardo Primo - 08-30-2020, 08:44 PM