Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
90's F1 Cars?
Yeah, true that we also don't have to worry about equipment and our safety! But, I don't agree about Monza. It was quite fast for a long time, with the layout staying the same during 80s and 90s until the big changes made over several years. We know the modern track's first chicane is quite slow right-left, while it used to be a combination of two faster S chicanes towards opposite side. And Lesmo 2 corner became quite sharper and slower while it used to be flat out exit to the back straight. Add to that those flat curbs and run offs instead of high curbs the tracks used to have. That was something for comparison for me, kind of. That big top speed while keeping pretty good cornering speeds. So something felt wrong. But here, I was more referring to and was mostly disappointed with last online run I had at Suzuka. That track layout changed very, very little on couple of places over decades, but the qualifying times were up to 8 seconds faster than qualifying times in 1991. Top speeds online were at about 330-340 kmh while in 1991 they were at most ~310ish. And you're right on all that, we were basically running sprint runs with lower fuel level and soft tires. That used to be about 4 seconds difference between full fuel run, start of the race and end of the race. Their Williams car mod after the first update felt very good for me too at the start, especially on steering and throttle inputs, very precise. Sounded way better, too. But the issues remained with the top speed/low grip setups and made it unnatural by the end. But you had to run it if you wanted quicker lap times. The 1991 mod cars are not that aero dependent as they have been back then, and maybe tires are a bit too grippy also, in my opinion. The older F1 mods that felt better to me were VRCs 1991 Jordan and 1988 McLaren MP4/4.

Messages In This Thread
90's F1 Cars? - by Jesper Jonsson - 05-10-2020, 05:36 PM
RE: 90's F1 Cars? - by Simon Meisinger - 05-11-2020, 08:44 AM
RE: 90's F1 Cars? - by Filip Stoyanovich - 05-16-2020, 10:33 AM
RE: 90's F1 Cars? - by Michal Ringes - 05-16-2020, 12:19 PM
RE: 90's F1 Cars? - by Filip Stoyanovich - 05-16-2020, 12:57 PM
RE: 90's F1 Cars? - by Simon Meisinger - 05-16-2020, 09:01 PM