Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Variable Incident Penalties (i.e. "rubbing is racing")
I still think this has proven to be a big deterrent to many drivers who are prone to clean racing and not many mistakes. We get many new underskilled drivers easily, but loose several good drivers also easily. On the other hand, it could work over a longer period of time. When was this introduced exactly? I've only been here just less than a year. I've had unfortunate or deliberate contacts against me as many of us did, which penalized me in the championship without any of my fault. Spins into the wall but with a good finish, and still taking toll on the championship. I've also had races where I've been involved in good real "rubbing racing", without any damage to anyone luckily and therefore without incident points. So it's still possible. I guess that's why damage is toned town to 60%. I also wish there was a way to further rank drivers on to the server 1, like with number of incidents on average limit. I don't care if I run on servers 2 or 3 for the rest of my life. But, talking about negative effects on the championship, the system is brutal and nothing like real life racing as we all know. The system is there to make you always have control of your car, and also to balance out dedicated simracers against casual runners and to clean out SRS from wreckers. Without human element and judges, there has to be something like this at least. It's all free, running some of the best sims around. Unfortunately, on the downside, it also discourages dedicated people even early on or mid season. There's a small number of regular drivers in every series, on average maybe 15 last couple of seasons I looked. But I guess that changes over time, people come and go.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Variable Incident Penalties (i.e. "rubbing is racing") - by Filip Stoyanovich - 02-19-2020, 12:33 AM