Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assetto Corsa optimization
(01-04-2020, 05:55 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  If your computer's performance is poor enough to cause you to jump around on the server, you should probably upgrade before registering for other multiplayer races. "Minimum requirements" for most games does not take into account the ability for the computer to also handle stable Internet connectivity while trying to maintain framerate in game, so likely you are a giant, unpredictable road hazard in these cases.

And even if this magical performance enhancing program you installed gets AC to stop the connection warping you were experiencing, the midpack is always where the most incidents occur. As you said: it'll take practice. Good luck!

Thanks for your comment, Russell.
Fortunately, I have started 3 races after doing the performance improvement, and I hadn't any problem of lagging or jumping around, and my car is having a good behaviour. I've also improved my best lap in 0.6 seconds more in one day, and qualified in middle places.
I know that performance improvement is not magical literally, because the graphics quality has been reduced and I suppose other "secondary" parameters has decreased (by saying secondary I mean parameters not absolutely necessaries to drive and race, but that can improve the experience if the hardware can handle all them).
What made me excite was the fact of improving my hardware performance with only one click, and not have to try and discover the better settings of AC related to my hardware (because I'm not an expert and that could take me a lot of time).
Of course, the best decision would be improving my hardware, but it's not economically easy to do by now for me.

As you said, and I'm realizing now, is that in the midpack is always where the most incidents occur. I had 6 and 9 incidents in the last races :-(
I need to work and practice for reducing those numbers. But I'm sure that those incidents are not due to a bad performance of my hardware, but a lack of experience in racing by my side. Before now, I always drived against IA that have, normally, a predictible behaviour. Sooooo different to drive against other people that sometimes are unpredictible (just like me !!!!).

See you in races

Messages In This Thread
Assetto Corsa optimization - by Joan P Garrido - 01-03-2020, 07:17 PM
RE: Assetto Corsa optimization - by Russell Sobie - 01-04-2020, 05:55 PM
RE: Assetto Corsa optimization - by Joan P Garrido - 01-04-2020, 06:58 PM