Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lap times: Ford Sierra RS500 DTM at Mugello
Bit late as the track has now changed but I don’t think I changed much from default. Knowing that a 1:59 is possible I am sure that default setup is capable of a 2:00 in the right hands but it kind of depends on if the default setup + car suit your own driving style.

I find that some cars work for me straight out of the box, but with others I would first make a change to the way I drive it before just changing the setup to try and make the car drive like I want it - you need to drive the car how it wants to be driven to get the pace out of it. Then tweak the setup last to find the last few tenths. If you always start by changing the setup first you are not gonna know why you are changing it and potentially harm the pace of the car just to make it conform to how you think it should drive.

This is from early 2019 and I did post it here back then but for this who didn’t see it at the time here is a 2.00.3xx at Mugello set in a race being chased by Gavin Ranson, iirc we were both on medium tyres

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lap times: Ford Sierra RS500 DTM at Mugello - by Alex Leif - 12-24-2019, 08:08 AM