Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post your new skins for the season starting September 23, 2019!
Hey everyone! Before you throw your hypothetical tomatoes onto the hypothetical stage, hear me out first. Thanks to Russell's tutorial and the fixed Merc 3D model he gave me (thanks again for that one mate), I present to you my first attempt (alright, second) at skin-making! It's still an early prototype, there's still plenty of stuff to figure out in terms of design and the "sponsor" placement is a big crapshoot on my part buuuut, it doesn't look absolutely hideous like I expected it to. Things like painting interiors, carbon-fiber parts, or designing patterns like stripes (etc.) still elude me. File size for the skin ended up being way too small, so it could definitely do with some upscaling. Is there some depository for patterns that people take from and then stencil on the model, or do you usually have to make stripes and stuff yourself? Here are a couple of screenshots for ya...

It could definitely do with some gold detailing, IMO...

[Image: xk9BKzL.jpg]

There's one from behind...

[Image: gPmrxuY.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post your new skins for the season starting September 23, 2019! - by Nick Catsoudas - 09-28-2019, 05:47 PM