Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing
(07-26-2019, 08:03 AM)Maciek Sobczak Wrote:  Oh, but number 2 is what this thread is essentially about. The exact 'phenomenon' simracers experience - do I race by the "known by all simracing rules" or "SRS rules"?

The sheer vagueness of SRS rules makes people go out and search the racing protocol most people use - some search for the used in real series, some in virtual leagues. Hence not everyone taking part in SRS races by the same rules, and that should be changed.

You surely must have heard for example of the other maneuver that is forbidden by some racing leagues - that is gaining position alongside and immediately placing yourself in front of your opponent seconds before the braking point. Don`t know how they call it, but I`m sure it is frowned upon.

Although I get what you're saying. If you manage to be on the inside of the corner whilst coming from behind and you're beside him half a car length or fully, the guy in front hasn't done a proper job of defending. That's all fair in my book as long as you don't run wide yourself, and in turn run him off.

Messages In This Thread
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Luiz Lotito - 07-18-2019, 08:02 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Kees Post - 08-01-2019, 07:15 PM