Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing
(07-22-2019, 05:10 PM)Luiz Lotito Wrote:  
(07-21-2019, 06:52 PM)Maciek Sobczak Wrote:  Divebombing done with skill however, is both safe and makes one`s opponent stay marooned on the outside.

That is like saying that it is ok to drive drunk, as long as you don't cause any accident. Divebombing is never safe. Yes, some very skilled drivers can brake later and hold their inside line, and some have done that on me and I did not protest, but you got to earn the respect to break that rule and get away with it.

(07-21-2019, 07:18 PM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  Out of curiosity, do you guys think this was a legal move or a divebomb (a defensive not offensive one, but still). From 0:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D-n_dUzEtM

First, we need to define dive bombing. As there seems to be no official definition, in my opinion it is: 
1-your car is behind the other car at the braking point  
2-you take the inside line and brake later than your normal braking point  
3-you are unable to hold the inside line throughout the corner 
4-you crash onto the other car on the outside line

So, we checked 1, 2 and 3, but cleared 4. However, the only reason there was no crash was because the other driver did brake more and earlier, giving away his position. That is why it is so important to make the rules clear: if the other driver was not expecting a dive bomb, he would go for the apex and you would crash onto him.

Yes, precisely because this is a video game we play. I did drive in few SRS endurance seriesraces while being drunk and completed all of them with incident count below 4. I did not ruin anyone`s race. So it is perfectly possible.So for divebombing you need to make your mind up. Is it legal or not. Because there should be no place for discussion here. If you did not understand my post then again I`m telling you.

If divebombing is legal as a rule then it should entirely depend on the end result of an individual divebomb maneuver whether a certain divebomb was illegal. Simple to resolve a protest.

If divebombing is illegal as a rule then any and all such individual maneuvers are illegal. Simple to resolve a protest.
See you on track ~S!~ Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Luiz Lotito - 07-18-2019, 08:02 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Maciek Sobczak - 07-25-2019, 03:24 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Kees Post - 08-01-2019, 07:15 PM