Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing
I'd go so far as to say I fully disagree with Maciek. Either he doesn't know what a divebomb is, or he's part of the element of competitive racing no one really wants to race with. Big Grin

If someone dive bombs me and I see it coming I'll make a decision at that moment whether or not I'm going to allow it and try to avoid, or just continue the turn into the apex I'm allowed to take and take the t-bone (and then dust off my video editor software). Typically my current placement in the current race, the number of races in that series I plan on doing in a given week, and whether or not I even recognize the name of the driver doing the dive bomb on how I decide. Truth be told I've specifically taken t-bones from divebombers I KNEW I never wanted to race with specifically to have video evidence of them being an asshat.

So yeah... if you want to try one of those "legal" divebombs on me, feel free. I do all this for fun, but I do take my protesting seriously. Smile

P.S. I didn't see anything untoward in that video, Pawel. I'm assuming you are referring to the turn where he drifts to keep it on the track? Not a move I'd have tried, but then again, I probably would have just kept a tight inside line forcing you to stay on the outside and not bothered going sideways. Then it'd be your responsibility to leave me the space and likely have to slow down to do so. Then just move over to the right, hug the inside for the next turn, and there'd have been no possible way to get by.

The only way this would be considered a divebomb is if they simply didn't have the overlap before your turn in... but they did so you've got to leave him space anyway (even if he's going to almost lose control).
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz

Messages In This Thread
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Luiz Lotito - 07-18-2019, 08:02 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Russell Sobie - 07-21-2019, 08:19 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Kees Post - 08-01-2019, 07:15 PM