Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing
Tks for all the feedback! Very constructive. So much so that I felt the need to revise and improve what I proposed:

1- Nobody wins a rece in T1, but many loose it It's hard to win a race on T1, but it is easy to loose it. Break early Be extra carefull on T1.
2- You need to pass half the rear of the other car on the straight to gain the right to dispute on the braking. Don't dive bomb.
3- Always leave space for you opponent. Don't cut or push him out of the track.
4- If you hit another car, wait and return behind your victim to prevent protests.
5- Respect blue flags.

(07-18-2019, 08:37 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I am a strong proponent of the regulations page getting an overhaul.... even though I bet maybe only half the members here have actually read that page in in the first place. Smile

Russell, I did not want to get into this at first, but you are right: the SRS regulations page needs an overhaul. Although not many people ready it, it is important that we all play by the same rules and if there is an argument, we can refer to the regulations. I actually updated my 1st post to focus on this revision prior to doing pre-race briefings.

(07-18-2019, 09:31 PM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  1- Uhm, no, depends on the track and the racers. If track has little opportunity for passing and racers are of similar skill, race may be decided before, in, or soon after T1.
Also braking early for T1 is a good recipe for being destroyed from the back even harder. For online racing probably the best strategy is tap the brakes gently early to turn on your brake lights , and then brake normally. Of course in cars that have brake lights

2- The "half the car" rule is not set in stone and depends on the series.

4- No, that's too much. Just return to the track safely. The victim may have spun out so that he needs to do a 6 point turn to get back on track, no need to wait for him. Whatever happened, happened. Even last weekend in Silverstone, Vettel cam back on track in front of Verstappen.

1- Good points. Should never say never (win on T1), as there are exceptions, even if they are rare. Breaking early could also cause issues. I revised the proposed recommendation based on that. Let me know what do you think.

2- I was very surprised to see that this could be acceptable on online races, but I understand it. I think Russell's answer nailed it: "Pick whatever overlap rules you want but then make them explicit for each series, or more conveniently, for all series on SRS." Players assuming different rules is a recipe for disaster.  Anyway, I revised this proposal to a less conservative measure.

4- In an organized championship there is always a way to punish a driver later. But in our day to day races at SRS, we should avoid protests as much as we can, because it is a hassle for everyone involved. Self penalty is a great way to solve incidents imediatelly and demonstrate to the other driver that what you did was unintentional, that you take the blame and you are sorry. All that without even entering the chat. If a driver thinks that waiting 10 seconts for his victim to return is too much, then he should be more carefull not to cause such incidents. Thats the principle of a penalty - make the action not worth it for the aggressor. Anyway, I added a complement to that rule: wait for your victim to return, to prevent protests". I think that is easier to agree on.

It would be great if rules number 2, 3 and 4 had videos demonstrating dos and don'ts, but I could not find any good one on youtube. If you guys find (or produce) any, please share!

Messages In This Thread
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Luiz Lotito - 07-18-2019, 08:02 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Luiz Lotito - 07-21-2019, 03:29 AM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Kees Post - 08-01-2019, 07:15 PM