Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing
Lightbulb 
(Edited) My original post was to suggest a quick briefing before the races to reinforce the main rules that I thought were common sense, because the SRS regulation does not cover them and few people reads it anyway... However, based on the feedback I got here I realised that there is no consensus on basic rules (such as allowing or not dive bombing), and as a consequence we have disputes where each driver is playing based on different rules, which is a recipe for disaster. Therefore I adjusted this post to be a suggestion to revise the SRS regulation.

This is the current SRS regulation (http://www.simracingsystem.com/regulation.php):

- Never drive the wrong way 
- Abusive contact between vehicles is forbidden
- Do not cause accidents on warmup laps
- Respect yellow and blue flags
- Chat is not allowed 

I like the fact that they kept it short and simple. However, I don't think they are properly covering the main issues we enconter on SRS servers, and certainly not in a didatic way. For example, "abusive contact" is subjective and should be more specific, preferably with video examples, since we have many new players that join us everyweek. The info about overtaking rules and ethics are scattered accross the foruns and it took me years to learn concepts that now I find obvious, so it would be great if SRS could accelerate this process.

Here is a suggestion for revisiting the Basic Rules of SRS, based on the accidents I have seen here and my experience with rules of other online communities which I found very effective (with some revisions based on the feed back here):

1- Nobody wins a rece in T1, but many loose it It's hard to win a race on T1, but it is easy to loose it. Break early Be extra carefull on T1. 
2- You need to pass half the rear of the other car on the straight to gain the right to dispute on the braking. Don't dive bomb.
3- Always leave space for you opponent. Don't cut or push him out of the track.
4- If you hit another car, wait and return behind your victim to prevent protests.
5- Respect blue flags.

Number 2 and 3 certainly deserves videos demonstrating dos and don'ts, but I could not find any good one on youtube. If you find (or produce) any, please share!

Messages In This Thread
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Luiz Lotito - 07-18-2019, 08:02 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Kees Post - 08-01-2019, 07:15 PM