Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First lap incidents: a possible suggestion
(04-03-2018, 02:16 PM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  Not a good idea, as good drivers are inevitably involved in these incidents as well, and they would be penalized harshly just for being in a wrong place at wrong time, having basically no way to avoid contact.  Not to mention that many of these incidents are inconsequential taps, It would be much better if penalties could take into account the severity of the incident (force of contact, resulting loss of position, resulting spinout or being pushed off the track), but that's probably too hard to automate.

I get your point but, what you mention is the effect as it is now, my propose is directed to be a deterrent in order to be more caution in the first seconds after race start, that is the moment with highest risk because cars are all packed together.
I know that in case of incidents, that will happen as well, some driver would get an heavier penalization despite themselves, but the perspective of a rating and point loss will definitely reduce the probability of occurrence (can't say how much though), thus reducing the overall risk, with benefit for every driver.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First lap incidents: a possible suggestion - by Giuseppe Iaria - 04-04-2018, 07:32 AM