Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to put the Lotus 25 Helmet?
Pretty sure I've figured it out. Here's what you do!
  • Find the file path for the helmet listed in the skin.ini for the car skin you are wanting to change the helmet on. In this example, the line is "HELMET=\helmet_1969\beige1" so the full path is going to be: "[yourSteamPath]\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture\driver_helmet\HELMET_1969\beige1
  • Determine the number of directories to go backwards so that you can get to the "cars" directory structure. In this case you have to go back through "driver_helmet", "texture", and "content". So 3.
  • Edit the skin.ini such that in the HELMET= value, you put "..\" for each folder you need to "go back" on. So "..\..\..\"
  • Then put the rest of the path needed to get back down to your custom skin folder. In my example it looks like this in the skin.ini file for the Lotus_25:
HELMET=..\..\..\cars\ks_lotus_25\skins\russell_sobie

Then you just put your HELMET_1969.dds in your skin folder along with your car textures. And voila! It should not only show up in game, but also be copied successfully up via the SRS app. Assuming the helmet doesn't put you over the 10MB limit that is.

The power of learning DOS as a child! Big Grin

Works in Content Manager at least! Not going to be until the weekend before I get to race in the Lotus again, so someone else might want to give this method a shot and report back.

[Image: i8YsKuAl.png]
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz

Messages In This Thread
Where to put the Lotus 25 Helmet? - by Frank Pit - 02-17-2018, 01:11 AM
RE: Where to put Lotus 25 Helmet - by Frank Pit - 02-19-2018, 12:33 PM
RE: Where to put the Lotus 25 Helmet? - by Russell Sobie - 02-22-2018, 01:12 PM