Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to put the Lotus 25 Helmet?
well, didnt know about content manager, seems intresting, gonna check it out.

but this HELMET_1969.dds  is actually the default kunos helmet file set for lotus_25, it is located inside textures folder. Still not the proper name for a helmet to be loaded from the custom skin folder. (for example, in the seat leon cup car you just need to name any helmet.dds file  for "HELMET_2012.dds" and put it inside the skin folder and the helmet is going to work ingame and be uploaded to SRS).

What I did for lotus was to copy this  HELMET_1969.dds to a new folder inside textures folder and change the colour of the helmet, then i referenced this in the skin.ini file and it worked ingame but not in SRS (note it need to be referenced for an entire folder inside textures folder, which will contain the .dds and a .jpg file).  My Skin.ini being like this:

[driver_60]
SUIT=\plain\orange
GLOVES=\classicpastel\yellow
HELMET=\helmet_1969\joao          <<---- this is the folder path inside textures with my purple helmet file created from the kunos' helmet_1969.dds itself and also called "HELMET_1969.dds", but in a new folder as follows (E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture\driver_helmet\HELMET_1969\joao)

[CREW]
SUIT=\type1\green_white
HELMET=\yellow
BRAND=\lotus_classic

What I am not certain yet, is if SRS is reading my old Skin.ini file (which is about the same size as the new one) and that is why it doest recognize the new helmet neither downloads it, since in my 1st skin was using the white helmet/suit, and in the newer one I just changed the skin.ini file to match textures folder, but didnt changed the custom skin folder at all so SRS didnt noticed i changed something. 

Perhaps you need to do both, reference the helmet properly to the textures folder so it works ingame, and also keep a copy of the file inside your custom skin folder so the SRS app downloads it?

PS: copying a custom helmet inside your skin folder and just rename it as "HELMET_1969.dds" and adjusting your skin.ini doesnt seem to work ingame either, it seems you must keep the helmet inside textures folder.
SURVIVING ROOKIES - Legendado PT-BR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LJcb-_LcUE

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himslef."
- Ferdinand Porsche

Messages In This Thread
Where to put the Lotus 25 Helmet? - by Frank Pit - 02-17-2018, 01:11 AM
RE: Where to put Lotus 25 Helmet - by Frank Pit - 02-19-2018, 12:33 PM
RE: Where to put the Lotus 25 Helmet? - by João Dias - 02-19-2018, 04:02 PM