Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Paddle Shifters @ Race start
You should absolutely make sure that your control devices are booted and working properly BEFORE starting a session with Assetto Corsa and best verify that those controls are working.
If you only start your FFB wheel while you are already in a session on the track Assetto Corsa often is wonky with controls.

I make it always a mandatory check list item before clicking the "join" button to enter an SRS event to double check in the options / controls menu that all my controls are properly selected (I use different profiles for different wheel setups) and that they are working.
I do the same in the options / view menu to make sure that the virtual steering wheel is displayed / hidden, depending on the car I am about to drive.

You cannot unfortunately change these options when you have entered the session already.

If you have missed any of those, you have to terminate the session (ALT + F4), select the correct options in the Assetto Corsa launcher and re-enter the session (either with the "join" button if it is still available or by searching for the SRS server in the online session browser).

You may or may not have some luck by experimenting with the alternative Assetto Corsa launcher called "Content Manager" - this app has some really powerful features, among others also allows certain control profiles assigned to vehicles.
I would think it would behave with the same limitations though (once you are in a session, you cannot change control profiles).

Good luck and prepare that check list and follow it for best experience ;-)

Messages In This Thread
No Paddle Shifters @ Race start - by Rick Hyde - 11-23-2017, 04:38 PM
RE: No Paddle Shifters @ Race start - by Dirk Steffen - 11-24-2017, 04:40 AM