Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is the GT3 Cup 1 hour long races?
I absolutely love the 1hour race format (unfortunately with the Cup Porsche the 1h format does not open reasonable choices regarding tires, as the hard Cup tires easily last for the full hour).

If there would be another even longer race format - say 1h 30m or even 2h an in between format as 45min would be a sweet spot for most people I believe.

The 20min races really are not very rewarding and often chaos breaks out as of the very high attendance and people trying to win their race from the end of the pack in lap one.
I now completely try to avoid the 20min races whenever I can for that very reason and truly enjoy the 2hour GT3 and Porsche GT3 Cup events.

Regarding spending 1 hour in a sim race becoming to difficult to bear should not be a deciding factor on changing the race format but upgrading the sim rig (air conditioner / cooling) or improving fitness to easier cope with the races.
Don't take this as criticism - I am in Asia and during the summer months we barely have a day below 30ºC, often enough above 40ºC and almost never ever a single summer day below 75% humidity - I am practically living inside the refrigerator during the summer months.

I also try to deal with the sim racing as real racers do - my sim racing training does not only consist of sitting in a chair and turning laps but actual workouts - there is no other way one could aim for the longer races otherwise - you have to be fit (do regular cardio training, eat/drink as healthy as you can bear, get enough sleep, …).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is the GT3 Cup 1 hour long races? - by Dirk Steffen - 09-19-2017, 08:09 AM