Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track Cut Penalty Procedure
Hi! I'm relatively new to SRS and just started taking part in the GTP vs HiHi series. In the Monza race, last week, I missed my braking point for the second chicane and wound up cutting across the runoff and over the speed bumps. I was given a Track Cut Penalty which told me to slow down and to serve the penalty before the end of the lap. I started to slow, but never saw any guideline as to what speed to slow to. As I continued to slow, the timer would get down to 15 seconds and then jump back up to 19 seconds. By the time I had passed the second Lesmo corner I was only just barely rolling yet the timer continued to drop to 15 seconds and jump back up to 19 seconds. I got to the right edge of the track, well off the racing line, and completely stopped. The timer finally went to zero and the penalty message disappeared so I resumed driving. When I got to the start/finish line, I found myself in the pits with a message saying I had been disqualified for not serving a Track Cut Penalty. Please help me to understand what happened so I can serve any future penalties properly and avoid potential DQ's. Many thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Track Cut Penalty Procedure - by Walter Phillips - 07-24-2023, 01:48 AM
RE: Track Cut Penalty Procedure - by Troy Beachem - 07-24-2023, 04:56 PM