Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggestions on improving SRS
(03-17-2021, 10:25 PM)Colin Chilibeck Wrote:  
(03-17-2021, 01:18 PM)Dario Bucalo Wrote:  
(03-16-2021, 09:10 PM)Maurice Klerken Wrote:  I agree with your last statement. The biggest subject is the 3 points getting subtracted from your score. If this could go, it would make the racing better and more fair for the people going for the championship. Then a good battle for the podium will be rewarded with the points you deserve. And if one of the drivers is misbehaving, protest him. Simple and effective and not much different from now. I also would prefer, that if someone is found guilty for a race incident, and he has scored points, he should have points reduced from the championship. But that would be complicated to implement I guess.

I remember having a race and a hard and fair battle for position for 15 minutes. It was so rewarding, but we did touch a few times. No noteworthy collisions, but still lost points for these incidents. Not really rewarding I would say.

Another thing about the incident points. Your as good as your last race they say. When I started racing, I had more incidents then I have now. Because I gained more experience and racecraft, the incidents are getting less and less. But my old incidents still cuont for a significant amount. So having the incident rating of your last 20, 30, 50 or whatever amount of races, will be a better average of how often your involved in incidents. See it as the penalty system of Formula 1. These points get dropped after a year. Which is a nice and fair solution.

What do you think about this whole discussion, @simracingsystem
I think all of that makes sense. I have to say that it is Extremely frustrating when you are doing everything you can to lower your IP and then get punted from behind on Multiple occasions causing a bunch of IP.
During the race I spend too much time watching my mirrors trying Not to get hit by others. It also makes me brake earlier then usual to avoid those in front of me which I am sure causes people behind me to get their braking points wrong etc.

I also really like the below idea that was said.

Maybe possible idea: let's help with more Protest stewards

Removing the IP-penalty can only work if human-inquired protests become the common way to punish bad behaviour. However, generating more protests is not sustainable if protests have to be processed by a single person. Maybe Henrique could accept some help, and invite people to judge on the protests he receives. This would give a quicker turnover and enable SRS to process a larger volume of protests.
Do you think there will be a larger volume of incidents reported when these rules would change? I guess it will be the same or even less even. The big incidents get reported as usual. But those little incidents don't matter that much anymore, because nobody lost points. Which leads to less frustration in general. So we keep good races, even with the occasional little touches. Everybody is happy Smile

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions on improving SRS - by Maurice Klerken - 03-14-2021, 12:45 PM
RE: Suggestions on improving SRS - by Maurice Klerken - 03-18-2021, 08:31 AM