Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggestions on improving SRS
(03-15-2021, 09:44 AM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  Every system system has its problems and it is not really possible to solve everything fair automatically, you would need race control to check every incident and do it all manually to be somehow fair which is not really possible.
to the second point: try imagine this, you are one the best drivers around you have very low incident rating and you are winning races, now there comes monza weekend with 3 races in italy, you win the Quali, but after start someone hits you from behind, sends you to the wall, you bounce back on track going backwards and get collected by half the field, second race same thing happens, you get massive incident average for last ten races because of that. You did not do any mistake nor could you do anything about it, does it mean you should not be allowed to start on server 1 because you incident average for last races is high ? This is just to ilustrate that every automatic system will have its issues and wont be completely fair.
I completely agree with you. At this point, from the responses of the intervening users, I feel I can summarize some general thoughts (correct me if I'm wrong or add more if you find it useful):
  1.  The current system of incidents counts the contacts and not actually the incidents, ending up assigning penalties (-3pts) in an arbitrary way beyond the dynamics of the events, risking to penalize those who are actually victims of the situation.
  2. Race contacts lead to penalties in most cases, ending up penalizing whoever is having a good fight.
  3. Whoever participates in a championship with the ambition of obtaining the victory or in any case finishing in the first positions risks losing important points due to contacts (I repeat, not incidents) for which he is not at fault or which in any case fall within the race incidents.
  4. Those who participate only to have fun or in any case do not have any ambition for the classification, often and willingly, are more inclined to engage in a hard fight or attempt a risky overtaking. This means that it would bring a penalty of 3 points to him and the opponent, only those who run for pure fun do not care, so they will not have suffered any important penalties.
  5. The only criterion for evaluating incidents and penalties, considered suitable and balanced by most users, is the "Protest", which evaluates only the dangerous and punishable competition actions, however leaving the evaluation to an impartial Administrator.
  6. SRS is a platform that makes its simplicity and usability its strong point. So adding additional requirements or programs (Real Penalty, Sol, etc ...) would go against what makes SRS special.
  7. The counting system of AC acidents is that, like it or not, so needless to continue to discuss how the incidents are counted.
  8. Inserting a selection system based on the incident rating, which however is based on an incident counting system like that of AC which is not well balanced and is not "fair", would continue to create injustices and I do not think it would significantly improve the situation in track.
Given the above, I would like to suggest my personal solution(which in reality is not, but would partially fix the problem highlighted by Maurice): eliminate the 3 penalty points for incident, thus avoiding penalizing those who really care about points in the championship and postpone the evaluation of incidents and consequent penalties (if necessary) to the "Protest" tool.

What do you think?
www.4funsimracing.com

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions on improving SRS - by Maurice Klerken - 03-14-2021, 12:45 PM
RE: Suggestions on improving SRS - by Dario Bucalo - 03-15-2021, 03:16 PM