Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defense and attack
Thanks for kind words, i more expected to be laughed for size of text i managed to randomly type here, i'm mostly used to be ignored or "lol, didn't read" folks. It really gives some good feeling for once, also it is nice to hear it helps a bit, i wish to help more, but it isn't easy to find good approach when English is my second language and my knowledge is always lacking on the topic. ("I know that i know nothing") Technically i shouldn't join discussions when you lack knowledge not backed up by evidence, but damn, i hate siting and observing too long.

I can only add that attack comes usually later when you are way more comfy with car you drive and know when you can start pushing, especially when you observe your upcoming opponent, on which turns he makes most mistakes, usually it is the place you searching for to do attacking moves. Most of the time it is his early braking or his fall off to outside lines to heavily (watch the grass, usually opponents touching it can spin, so be prepared for yellow flag situation!)

My experience from yesterday on modena is clear indication of what i said on that post, first race on it was never ending battle with 2 other guys, which one became typical iSalt driver, probably someone with anger issues, fact that still i'm not ba...[This user was been banned because some rich kid was angy]
Okay seriously now it was his own fault that he made mistakes, did late door closing and defended religiously, me and other dude, we had enough of his acts.
Next race at night was perfection of clear race, it only says to me all depends on people you drive with and it is always prepare for some iSaltening.

Also dive bombing is actually a interesting topic, because we all know dive bombing from typical online match-up where it means one dude going turn 1 with late braking, smashing through folks, but actual dive bomb refers to aggressive overtake of inside line of a corner, mostly perfect timed to control inside and only inside. It is hard maneuver due to how easy is to overshoot, that's why it is so often seen as suicide move.

About that defense, yes, it isn't easy for better driver, due to fact that they don't want to became a "missile/torpedo/weapon" (Person known for ignoring any safety for position, using your defense or situation to "accidentally" move you away from lane or whole track). Sometimes it happens in matter of a moment, sometimes opponent chooses (it is important to recognize the difference!) to do so, but mostly better driver also is more respectful and more patient to observe your driving style and searching for difference on cornering (early braking or overflowing to hard outside out of corner or even opposite, waiting for slower inside lock, so they can use racing line to simply sling-shoot near you, with better corner exit speed).

I hope i didn't bore again with my puzzle pieces of experience i gained with racing.
Stay strong and practice, better positions will come to you naturally with time.
I gonna say it straight, i'm playing Assetto Corsa on Game pad... on directional pad. I'm masochistic, nostalgic idiot that can't forget muscle memory from many Gran Turismo 1, 2 and 4 races. I'm driving in various skins i made.
Team D-Pad as:         #66,
Team LEGENDS as:     #66,
Panzer Apt. 767 as:     #13

Messages In This Thread
Defense and attack - by Andrea Piovanelli - 02-14-2021, 03:35 PM
RE: Defense and attack - by Christopher Magan - 02-15-2021, 04:35 PM
RE: Defense and attack - by Marcin Dworog - 02-15-2021, 09:22 PM
RE: Defense and attack - by Andrea Piovanelli - 02-16-2021, 08:26 AM
RE: Defense and attack - by Marcin Dworog - 02-16-2021, 05:32 PM
RE: Defense and attack - by Tim Cullingworth - 02-16-2021, 05:42 PM
RE: Defense and attack - by Andrea Piovanelli - 02-16-2021, 08:08 PM
RE: Defense and attack - by Marcin Dworog - 02-16-2021, 11:04 PM