Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRSAMS FPS issue
(12-30-2017, 09:25 PM)Mike Fertitta Wrote:  
(12-28-2017, 01:23 AM)Jim Gorman Wrote:  I am happy to report the srsams app is now fully functional for me and the in-game fps counter now reports up to 150fps, after following the advice given to Paulo Gomes (suffering similarly low fps woes) in the Automobilista App thread.

see here... http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthrea...04&page=15

JimG

I've had this issue in 2 races (both AMS boxer) I've done, I checked that thread but didn't see the solution that Paulo and you found (guessing it is the one in portuguese but the translation isn't that clear. Is it to set AMS to use my card, because I am on a desktop and it only uses my Nvidia card. It set to is pretty distracting running at 30fps when i should be at 100+. It runs perfectly fine in the garage like Paulo stated too. I know it is running my GTX as I use MSI overlay and the specs are appropriate.
Rather than MSI Afterburner (or overlay as you call it - the same thing, I think), I was using Open Hardware Inspector and like you, all seemed well. I installed NVidia Inspector (NVI), which I didn't have previously. Its sensor monitors also appeared to show my GTX was 'in control' and running.

I couldn't see an option in the Profile Inspector section of  NVI to 'force' my graphics card so I had a closer look at the NVidia Control Panel in Windows' Control Panel. (Edit: That's because I didn't load Automobilista's profile at the time. Do that in Profile Inspector and an option to select a GPU is there and the options are 'Auto-select' or an obscure HW identifier, presumably one's GFX card. In fact I only discovered that function of the Profile Inspector after posting this reply. I'm not only new to sim-racing, I'm a noobie to PC gaming also, so I ain't done no GFX card-game-profile-fiddling. Also note, I'm on Windows7 so the following steps are possibly different on Windows 8 or 10)

In the 3D settings section, select Manage 3D Settings. On the right hand side there are 2 tabs.
Select the Program Settings tab. The 'Select a program to customise' drop-down box lists all your installed programs.
Select 'Automobilista (AMS.exe)'. It may take a moment to populate the drop-down box as it scans for all your programs.
I changed the 'Feature' setting, 'OpenGL rendering GPU' from 'Auto-select' to "Your Graphics Card", which should be listed.

That's all it took, if I remember correctly. I don't know for sure as I didn't write it down but back stepping through it just now, I think that's how I did it.

Good luck.

JimG

Messages In This Thread
SRSAMS FPS issue - by Jim Gorman - 12-24-2017, 12:32 AM
RE: SRSAMS FPS issue - by simracingsystem - 12-24-2017, 01:18 AM
RE: SRSAMS FPS issue - by Jim Gorman - 12-24-2017, 01:52 AM
RE: SRSAMS FPS issue - by Jim Gorman - 12-28-2017, 01:23 AM
RE: SRSAMS FPS issue - by Mike Fertitta - 12-30-2017, 09:25 PM
RE: SRSAMS FPS issue - by Jim Gorman - 12-31-2017, 12:23 AM
RE: SRSAMS FPS issue - by Mike Fertitta - 12-31-2017, 02:36 PM
RE: SRSAMS FPS issue - by Mike Fertitta - 12-31-2017, 05:13 PM
RE: SRSAMS FPS issue - by Jim Gorman - 12-31-2017, 06:56 PM